Elizabeth Edwards Has Cancer

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:48 pm
man, this sucks

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&u=/ap/20041104/ap_on_re_us/elizabeth_edwards_cancer_1&printer=1

of course the link won't work until I post it again in the next box...yahoo sucks too.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,345 • Replies: 67
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:48 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&u=/ap/20041104/ap_on_re_us/elizabeth_edwards_cancer_1&printer=1

I hate being right all the time.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
That's crappy news for any family, at any time.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
I hate it too...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:52 pm
That does suck. We were just commenting on that in the self-pity thread.

pan, I was going to ask you yesterday. Is the new avatar an indication that you are in mourning? I can guess for what.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:52 pm
Oh damn. Poor lady. She has been under so much damn stress lately. Well, she is being treated in a great hospital. I am sure that they have all the cutting edge treatments. I wish her all the luck in the world.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:35 pm
Oh, how awful.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:38 pm
Peter Jennings is talking about Elizabeth as we speak. She'll be fine.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:31 am
Why so, Letty? Did they say they had found it early, or something like that?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:48 am
My Gawd, it's snood. Where you been, bro?

There are so many advances that have been made in breast cancer without invasive surgery, and she will obviously get the best treatment available. Everyone in the family is very upbeat about the situation. Besides, I know these things. So far, I'm batting a thousand.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:31 am
Snood. Folks have missed you. Go to Msolga's thread about Lost and misplaced A2K'ers and say "grok"..<smile>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:31 am
Letty, thanks for the heads-up on the Snood spotting.

You've been missed, Mr. Snood.

And good news on your batting average, Miss HettyBettyLettyCustisLee.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:36 am
It's the truth, ehBeth. Now that halloween has passed, I'm no longer a witch but:

Bi's Eric is getting better.
Osso's eyes are workin'
Eva's ears are perkin'
Husker's leg is kickin'
Letty's rapid heart beat is back to normal.

Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:41 am
I wish her well. Cancer has certainly affected my family, my Mom is a two-time breast cancer survivor, and we lost my wife's father.

As far as Ms. Edwards, I hope that she is able to find quality care. Seeing as how her husband has sued many health practitioners for malpractice over the years (I hate to point this out), but many physicians will not treat patients who have sued more than once. She may have to sign a waiver.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:45 am
I'll pray for her. I don't wish cancer on anyone.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 12:21 pm
Hi snood!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 03:34 pm
Thanks for the kind words, all. I've missed being here. I got banned for engaging in personal insults with another member. But they let me come back, so I intend to stay.

My wife (we're separated but friendly) is 6 years out now from her surgery. Lumpectomy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:04 pm
Hi Snood! Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:25 pm
Hey, snood. Here's a link to Msolga's thread. Go announce your return.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=997827&highlight=#997827

Still looking good in that uniform.
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:06 pm
Cjhsa - the doctors won't hesitate to treat Mrs. Edwards properly because of her husband's legal activities in the ambulance-chasing field. If you look up WebMD though you'll find an interesting take on what insurers term "contributory negligence" on her part:

She's a fat woman who chooses at ages 48 and 50 to flood her system with hormones in order to have 2 more children. She doesn't lose any weight after they're born, either, upping her chances of getting breast cancer from about (assuming there's no family history or European Jewish ancestry) 1 in 10 to about 1 in 2. These are the odds, based in US statistics.

Which reminds me - are ex-Senators and their families still covered by the abundant health insurance benefits our congress has awarded to current members?
0 Replies