In the Lift

gezzy

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:21 am
An old woman is riding in an elevator in a very lavish New York building when a young and beautiful woman gets into the elevator, smelling of expensive perfume. She turns to the old woman and says
arrogantly "Romance by Ralph Lauren, $150 an ounce!"
Then another young and beautiful woman gets on the elevator, and also very arrogantly turns to the old woman saying, "Chanel No.5, $200 an ounce!"
About three floors later, the old woman has reached her destination and is about to get off the elevator. Before she leaves, she looks both beautiful women in the eye, then she bends over, breaks wind and says:
"Broccoli- 49 cents a pound"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 729 • Replies: 7
No top replies

pueo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:28 am
only $0. 49 a pound????
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:28 am
hi gezzy! Very Happy
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:41 am
Hi pueo ;-)

I guess it was on sale that week, lol Laughing

How's things in Guam? Is it still generator hell over there?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:48 am
generator hell is right.

luckily my company is giving my employees a little extra in their paychecks to cover the additional costs of buying fuel for their generators everyday, which averages about $15.00 per day. if you look at how long we have run on generator power that's quite a bit of money. typhoons always screw up your budget. all of us live in the northern part of the island which got the most damage. one employee got her power back about four days ago.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:57 am
Wow! That's really tough. We just recently lost our power for 2 days and that was more than enough for me. We don't have a generator, but I know how loud they are and can only imagine the noise over there in Guam. Our neighbor, who is about an 1/8 of a mile away has one and we can hear it clearly from here. Well, I'm glad to hear the your boss is giving out extra cash to help feed the generators. I'm sure every little bit helps. I hope the power comes back on the Island soon!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:03 am
getting there, you can see alot of lights when you drive at night.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:06 am
I'm glad to hear it. I can only imagine how hard it must be for all of you there!
0 Replies