HILLARY IN 2008

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 11:57 pm
I think McCain is viewed by many Republicans as not a team player, or when he is a team player it has typically been on issues that were counter to GOP values and thus he has to ally with the opposition to participate. Some would say this shows he is a man of strong personal values. Others would say he is opportunistic and goes with whatever he thinks makes him look good. Because he does ally with people like Ted Kennedy so often, he is a darling of the left. Thus many vacillate between appreciating him and resenting him.

it's hard to say how it would play out in a national campaign if he should snag the GOP nomination. So far he hasn't done that well on the national level.

Me? I'm still hoping for Hillary and Condi to be the victors of the primaries. I still think that would make for the most fun campaign we've ever had.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 12:23 am
Our country is in way too much trouble to consider the next Presidential race fun. It's serious business.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 05:07 am
Well we can always run John Kerrey again then.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 06:24 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Well we can always run John Kerrey again then.

Laughing Oh by all means do seeing as how well it worked out for the Democrats the last time. Laughing

Here's a tip or two or more: Select a person as your party candidate who actually stands a chance to win. Help put together a good solid platform of ideas for them and show them how to stick to it and back them wholeheartedly from start to finish. One of the big disasters the Democrats brought upon themselves in 2004 was the supposedly solid backing of Howard Dean. Democrats up and down the line kept touting his wonders and what a great man he was and how good he would be as president; but, then one day Howie went nuclear and rather than support him, the rank and file Democrats turned their collective backs on him. With little time left they scrambled. They looked and Johnny The Lawyer (Edwards) and decided not only was the lawyer thing going to be a rough hurdle for a newcomer, people did not really know him that well. Their focus shifted to Mr.Grouchy, Johnny The Life Long Politician (Kerry). Good old Uncle Flip Flop (in a show of after support fashion whores took to wearing flip-flops this year). Even though he was not a people person as far as friendliness and looks constantly constipated or suffering from hemorrhoids, they shoved him out on stage. Unfortunately many in the Democratic community could not even muster up tepid support of Kerry and so began defeat number 2 for the Democrats.

Final thought to the Democrats: If you want to have any shot at the White House in 2008, you need to get your act together NOW.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 06:28 am
and here's a tip for you mr. well informed... don't post a reply to foxfyre and include "you ninnies". She's a conservative moron supporter like you
We don't want any of ya in our camp. :wink:
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 07:03 am
Here you go: Okay, perhaps 'ninnies' was a bit over dramatic and it was improper of me to use such a term so broadly so I have edited and put in Democrats in place of ninnies. Now, that aside, if you READ what I was responding to from foxfyre it was the comment "WELL WE CAN ALWAYS RUN JOHN KERREY AGAIN" It did not say YOU CAN, it said WE CAN.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 07:08 am
Sturgis wrote:
Here you go: Okay, perhaps 'ninnies' was a bit over dramatic and it was improper of me to use such a term so broadly so I have edited and put in Democrats in place of ninnies. Now, that aside, if you READ what I was responding to from foxfyre it was the comment "WELL WE CAN ALWAYS RUN JOHN KERREY AGAIN" It did not say YOU CAN, it said WE CAN.

who ya trying to fool Laughing
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 07:15 am
Well they say "there's no fool like an old fool" and of course then there's the saying "there's no fooling a fool". So would someone like to fool around? Fool me once or fool me twice just make sure I don't get lice. It seems as if I'm trying to go for the fools gold medal.

(Hopefully this not so clever diversion will be substantially foolish enough to keep me from appearing foolhardy in my support of The Great Bush Dynasty)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 03:48 pm
Personally I think we should define 'ninnies' to determine how political a term that is. Smile
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 03:56 pm
I see all the conservatives are salivating over the prospect of Hillary running. Well, that's cool.

What I'm amused by are the Republicans who are maneuvering around at the moment: Frist shifting to the left (re stem cell research); Pataki and Romney to the right (re day-after pill access); and Giuliani (pro-choice) in the wings.

Now THAT will be interesting...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 04:16 pm
As a conservative,and having some common sense,I am going to wait to see who is going to run before I decide.
Therre is one person,a democrat no less,that will get my full support if he decides to throw his hat in the ring.
His name is Evan Bayh,from Indiana.

I like him,I trust him,and even though I dont agree with all of his positions,I think he would be good for the country.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 05:10 pm
Conservative Democrats tend to be likable and trustworthy. The only way a person can be a conservative Democrat these days is to be true to his own heart and convictions because he sure isn't following the mandated party line. (Talking conservative and being conservative are two separate things by the way.)

Since I left the Democrat party, I have nevertheless known a few Democrats I would vote for in a heartbeat, one or two in preference to any current GOP, Green, or Libertarian contender on the horizon. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately for the GOP, that, however, isn't the kind of Democrat that gets nominated to much of anything lately.
0 Replies