HILLARY IN 2008

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:55 am
And Jim, I might be able to vote for Obama for sure....I'll know by the time he decides to run. I would hope he would pick a reconciling running mate and not a Hillary Clinton though.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:09 am
I can't wait for Obama to be ready to run! However I don't think he'll be on the ticket in 08... unless it's as VP... I would vote for Hillary, but I don't think the majority of Americans share my high opinion of her intelligence and abilities... I think of her as somewhat an equivalent of Lady Macbeth, and I realize that most people would not think that a good thing... I am guessing that the wisest course would be to put Kerry in the spotlight for the next 4 years as a powerful leader among democrats and senators (he's still a senator, right?) and for him to release his military record asap (I'm guessing that tricky dick besmudged it- but it can be cleared up and gotten beyond in a 4 year interim) He carried almost half of the popular vote, after all... Kerry/Obama ticket in 04? The only republican ticket I can imagine voting for would be McCain/Powell, although it's intriguing to think that Condy might be getting groomed to be the first woman and the first minority president... Idea
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:25 am
Obama is impressive. Definitely a political comer.

I have no doubt that he will one day run for the Presidency, perhaps with a start as the VP candidate.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:28 am
I can't see Obama running as second fiddle to anybody though. I could be wrong. I'll admit I occasionally am. Smile
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:38 am
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:44 am
Well Steppenwolf you're quite right about Hillary but I would also note that the difference between Hillary and Elinore Rooseveldt was that Elinore was a liberal.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:57 am
True enough.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:14 pm
Oh God, Hillary is what the latinos would call "non sympatico"
To me, she's a selfcentered, egotistical person with
an ego surpassing her husbands.

With her, the Democrats would lose the election for sure.
No need to go to the polls for that one.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:23 pm
All politicians are egotistical, particularly the successful ones. My suspicion is that some people are alarmed by egotistical women more than egotistical men. Yes, she would lose profoundly, but perhaps for a bad reason. Ah well, the Hillary question is really too impractical to even ask. Dems would be shooting themselves in the foot
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:34 pm
I for one would be first in line to vote for Hillary if she were to run for office. Someone stated earlier in this thread that even though she is bashed form all sides on a regular basis, all of her votes and decisions have been fair and considerate of both Republican and Liberal stand points.
She is a woman with a back bone. Most people refer to that as a ' bi.tch'. Alot of people hate to see a woman open thier mouth and stand thier ground. Those are usually people who allow others to run them over and think that a womans place is still in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant. It is sad that in this country we preach liberation, freedom of speech and choice , yet when a woman does it, all it openes up are flood gates of insults and hatred.
I am not saying that she should be in office strictly because of her sex, I am saying that it is due to her sex that her assertiveness will not win anyone over, and will bring on more hatred and disrespect then probally any candidate will ever see in the coming years .

Dont belive me?
Re-read this thread...
She isnt even running yet .....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:35 pm
Dems have got a long crawl back from last Tuesday. Obama? MAYBE in 2012 or 2016. This next election, in order to get control, the Dems have got to play a much smarter game and they'd better start right now looking for and grooming a SERIOUSLY viable candidate for 2008. That's not Obama nor Hillary. Not yet.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:50 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Alot of people hate to see a woman open thier mouth and stand thier ground. Those are usually people who allow others to run them over and think that a womans place is still in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant. It is sad that in this country we preach liberation, freedom of speech and choice , yet when a woman does it, all it openes up are flood gates of insults and hatred.

Listen shewolfnm, no one believes any longer that a womans place should be the kitchen. I think, most of us work outside of the house and have demanding jobs where we need to stand our man. Thinking that Hillary
is not a good candidate has nothing to do with being sexist or discriminate against women in general, Hillary is just not somenone who comes across
as a charming, diplomatic and debonair woman. Yes, she is smart and
successful, but so are many other women I wouldn't consider for president either.

Besides being smart and successful, there are attributes such as finesse,
friendlyness and diplomacy sometimes far more important than brains,
and in my humble opinion Hillary has none of that.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:57 pm
But unfortunatly not many candidates for president have any finesse either. They are clumsy, not very well spoken and rather arrogant and rude.
But for some reason those kinds of things dont apply to MEN just to WOMEN..

Im not attacking anyone on this thread, I was just using it as an example. I wasnt trying to offend you calamity. i am sorry..

But my whole point is that .. since she is a woman.. people have her under the microscope for things like personality.. instead of abilities. Male candidates never get that...
You agree?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:10 pm
Oh, I'm not offended shewolfnm Wink, I just think that
being a woman who runs for office, doesn't necessarily always
have the stigma of discrimination with it. It has to do
with llikes and dislikes. Smile

Now having said that, I agree with you that we're never
looked upon as equal to men, we always have to do better
in oder to be accepted as their peers. Would we (women)
do equally mediocre work as men do, we'd still sit by
the kitchen fire and spin the wheel. Wink
0 Replies

Runamuck

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:03 pm
Please let Hillary run in 2008. I welcome it with open arms. That way I can see another landslide victory for the Republican party. If you cant see this you have no clue where heart beat of this nation is.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:07 pm
Runamuck wrote:
That way I can see another landslide victory for the Republican party.

Why would you advocate a victory for a party before knowing its candidates. Politics are not like sports--sometimes you need to look at the policies behind the parties. Both parties are changing with respect to their polices. Who knows what the Republicans will bring forth in 2008. Keep an open mind.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 03:19 pm
Welcome to A2K Runamuck. Don your bullet proof vest and wade right in. Smile

You write
Quote:
Please let Hillary run in 2008. I welcome it with open arms. That way I can see another landslide victory for the Republican party. If you cant see this you have no clue where heart beat of this nation is.

I have to agree with some that Hillary's voting record is less extreme left than some on the left side of the aisle. For instance she is solidly pro choice and pro partial birth abortion and voted no that hurting or killing a pregnant woman can be considered a double assault or murder, but she is for parental notification of minors. (Something I believe Kerry was against.) She is for nationalization of healthcare, but she did vote for the Medicare prescription bill. She was right in there with the left trashing the president on Iraq, but she did vote for the war in Iraq along with the funding for it. I think given four years to do it, she could build a record that would erase a lot of her negatives; however whether she has the smarts or inclination to do that is anybody's guess.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 03:44 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Here's an idea.

The Dems would have a chance at winning an election IF they stop insulting the beliefs of the majority of voters and craft a campaign advocating what the majority believe.

Slick Willy knew how to do that. Perhaps he can convince Hillary. But it will be tougher for the DNC to accept.

I agree with everything you said except the last sentence, Larry. I think the DNC will be itching to win by then, and I think they'll compromise to get there.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:23 pm
I look forward to it. That means at least 4 more years of a republican pres.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:38 pm
I think NPR hit on why the democrats lost, and it is the moral issue...no one in their right mind can consider Bush a fiscally responsible president...that aside, I don't think Hillary can win the nomination too much Clinton bashing still going on...I do however like Obama and look forward to seeing how he responds in the Senate his first term...I know I would vote for him and hope his record this term keeps him center...
0 Replies