Diebold

nelsonn

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:24 pm
Did Kerry win anywhere that Diebold computers were used?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,821 • Replies: 33
No top replies

rodeman

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:48 am
nelsonn:
Certainly not Ohio. The CEO of Diebold Inc. (Walden O'Dell) stated in a letter he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver it's electoral votes to the president next year".

Cleveland Plain Dealer
Aug 28, 2003
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:51 am
Hey, guys:

If you're interested, I started another thread on this with the same one word title, which is sounding more like a four letter word to me these days:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38052&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:00 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Hey, guys:

If you're interested, I started another thread on this with the same one word title, which is sounding more like a four letter word to me these days:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38052&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Hint: It starts with a distortion of what the Diebold CEO actually said about being personally dedicated to delivering Ohio to Bush.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:38 pm
Give it up, Larry434. It's rather insignificant compared to the subject matter itself. And as I already admitted that I am finding conflicting quotes on whether Larry said "Diebold is committed," vs. "I am committed," really doesn't make a damn bit of difference except in your desperate neoconservative world.

But you're welcome to keep on rambling, as that is the only point of argument you seem to have at the moment.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:04 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Give it up, Larry434. It's rather insignificant compared to the subject matter itself. And as I already admitted that I am finding conflicting quotes on whether Larry said "Diebold is committed," vs. "I am committed," really doesn't make a damn bit of difference except in your desperate neoconservative world.

But you're welcome to keep on rambling, as that is the only point of argument you seem to have at the moment.

HUGE difference in "I am committed..." and "Diebold is committed" to any rational person, dookie.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:10 pm
You seem to be the only "rational" person to make such a ridiculous comparison, Larry434.

Very sad indeed...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:11 pm
How would Larry O'Dell actually deliver those electoral votes to George W. Bush himself? By hand?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:14 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
How would Larry O'Dell actually deliver those electoral votes to George W. Bush himself? By hand?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

By working hard, really doing hard work, you know, like coming in on Saturdays, and doing....well, hard work, really working hard.

G.W. Bush in 1st debate.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:27 pm
And it sure is scary that over 50,000,000 Americans voted for this idiot.

Thanx for the reminder on that.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:30 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
And it sure is scary that over 50,000,000 Americans voted for this idiot.

Thanx for the reminder on that.

Maybe if you and the Dems didn't insult the values and intelligence of your President and the voters, you might one day actually win an election.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:33 pm
Quote:
Maybe if you and the Dems didn't insult the values and intelligence of your President and the voters, you might one day actually win an election

You insult yourselves. We merely point it out.

You should look up the differences between belief and logic and ask yourself which one got Bush elected.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:37 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Maybe if you and the Dems didn't insult the values and intelligence of your President and the voters, you might one day actually win an election

You should look up the differences between belief and logic and ask yourself which one got Bush elected.

Cycloptichorn

The voters value judgments of the two candidates messges led to the Dems' crushing defeat.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:41 pm
Quote:
The voters value judgments of the two candidates messges led to the Dems' crushing defeat.

The Republicans manipulated this into a debate about values instead of issues.

People don't mind debating issues; they feel very strongly about their values. Bush and Co. manipulated the religous right of the country into supporting their 'values,' which basically meant being anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage, while trumping up external threats and pounding the words 'values' and 'family.'

The democrats will figure out how to use these easily manipulated people sooner or later...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:52 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

The Republicans manipulated this into a debate about values instead of issues.

People don't mind debating issues; they feel very strongly about their values. Bush and Co. manipulated the religous right of the country into supporting their 'values,' which basically meant being anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage, while trumping up external threats and pounding the words 'values' and 'family.'

The democrats will figure out how to use these easily manipulated people sooner or later...

Cycloptichorn

And, according to the exit polls, they focused on what the majority of voters cared about.

And I don't think 51% of the voters were members of the religious right.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:54 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

I'm sorry I just can't go along with this crushing defeat nonsense....50/50 is an even split and he got 51....how in God's name is that a crushing defeat....bush edged Kerry out......
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:58 pm
It is the same old song I am hearing from you and others here Cy. We voted Bush because we were manipulated. You voted Kerry out of extreme intelligence and logic. You and others can keep up that song and dance show for the next four years and possibly lose again or you can look at why these issues hit home for a lot of Americans.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:00 pm
Agreed BPB....I would not call it a crushing defeat either.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:01 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

I'm sorry I just can't go along with this crushing defeat nonsense....50/50 is an even split and he got 51....how in God's name is that a crushing defeat....bush edged Kerry out......

Almost a 4 million vote margin in what was a close race is a crushing defeat, IMO.

Losing 5 Senate seats is a crushing defeat as well.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:04 pm
Quote:
It is the same old song I am hearing from you and others here Cy. We voted Bush because we were manipulated. You voted Kerry out of extreme intelligence and logic. You and others can keep up that song and dance show for the next four years and possibly lose again or you can look at why these issues hit home for a lot of Americans.

Of course, not every Bush voter was manipulated into doing so, CR... you know as well as I do that most of the conservative posters on this board are, frankly, elite compared to the average Republican.

We just need to figure out how to be the ones doing the manipulating, is all.

My guess is we'll try and use the 'issues' that hit home to people: fear, greed and homophobia. Far as I can tell those are the big three that mattered in this election.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies