Would a guy openly talk to his ex/hang out with her if he were pursuing someone

mtp

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 04:52 pm
I've known this guy for almost almost a year now, and we've gotten quite close over the past few months after he broke up with his ex in November. And we've hung out alone a few times. He told me that I'm easy to talk to and that he can be himself around me, and I thought we could be more than friends.

But we're both in this club that meets every week, and so is his ex. And he'd often go talk to her, or she'd go up to him, and they're always laughing together. He & I also talk but I can count the times he's approached his ex more than me. I know that they hung out a couple times & he put it on snapchat, and he gave her rides. And even when they don't interact, he always rushes to leave immediately after each meeting and doesn't care to socialize.

Is he still not over his ex? Not interested in me? Did he just say all those things platonically?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,251 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 05:10 pm
@mtp,
I don't know, but I do pay attention to two people who laugh at what the other says.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 05:45 pm
@mtp,
Get the story on why they broke up. It's possible they just didn't work as a couple but still get along well as more casual friends. I have female friends I hang out with, laugh and joke with, and even hug now and then...Doesn't mean I want a relationship, date, etc.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 05:52 pm
@mtp,
Sounds like he's still close to his ex and considers you a friend.

Both of those things are reasonable considering they broke up recently and he's probably not in a good headspace to start anything new.

I think it's good he's friends with his ex. Those are the best kind of people/relationships.
0 Replies