Sexualization Women V.S. Men

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 01:52 pm
I'm new to this site, but I wanted to talk about sexualization. Hopefully I can get some insight. In the media, women are typically sexualized with massive breasts and butts, and way to much makeup on, usually wearing very few clothes. People say that sexualization of men with massive muscles, like the Hulk or Machamp from Pokémon isn't an equal comparison, as they're from Male Power Fantasies. I get that, but I was wondering what and equal comparison, or an overly sexualized male would look like. I did some research, and found certain ads with incredibly sexualized male models. They usually are wearing nothing but underwear, and are usually at least slightly sweaty. They don't have quite as large muscles as the Hulk, but they are usually a pretty defining characteristic. I've noticed that they also tend to have very chiseled bodies, and usually tend to have massive crotches. I wanted to see if any women could tell me what they think a sexualized male would look like, from female power fantasies. Tell me if you agree or disagree with what I've found/

jespah

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 03:19 pm
@jamiehood,
Start Googling LGBTQ novels (M/M) and you will see headless torsos everywhere. Overly buff and without faces. Very, very sexualized, and often for the squeakiest clean stories. But the 12-pack sells. It's incredibly clichéd at this point.
centrox

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 04:19 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Start Googling LGBTQ novels (M/M) and you will see headless torsos everywhere.

Really? Sexualized headless torsos? I do try to be open minded, but maybe I have lived too long, if that is what floats people's boats these days.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 06:47 pm
Lori Foster book covers.

I liked some of her early books, now I don't want to know what's behind the cover.

I followed her briefly on twitter ... one of her special days is Furry Friday Rolling Eyes

I'm getting old.

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1446602983i/16842590._SY540_.jpg

http://lorifoster.com/WP/wp-content/themes/LoriFoster/images/bookcovers/honor/honor_450.jpg

0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 07:41 pm
@jamiehood,
I remember Tatum Channing was on conan O'Brien and a woman in the audience yelled for him to take his shirt off. Conan then commented about the woman which forced Tatum to have to take his shirt off.

If that had been reversed it would have been called sexist. Double standards for sure.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 08:31 pm
@jamiehood,
Aren't "male power fantasies" the same as the sexualization of men? It seems that most erotic fiction aimed at heterosexuals, whether written by men or women, involves powerful often overpowering male figures.

I think that symbols of power are generally equated as sexually attractive in men.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 11:43 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
headless torsos everywhere. Overly buff and without faces.

You know, I really thought this was about actual headless torsos, you know, the kind that newspapers here mean when they runs stories about "Grisly discovery in basement".
jespah

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 05:40 am
@centrox,
Oh, yeah, not that kind ....
centrox

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 06:29 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Oh, yeah, not that kind ....

I thought "If that's mainstream erotica these days, things have changed more than I thought".

0 Replies

jamiehood

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 10:37 am
@jamiehood,
It's funny. I don't want to speak for all men, but looking like the Hulk is not ideal for me. Also, the typical "sexualized woman" doesn't really do anything for me. I don't know if there is such a thing as female power fantasies, but if there is, it would be interesting to hear about.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 04:32 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
torsos everywhere
When I was a kid, I used to read my uncle's risqué magazines, not always understanding everything (at the time, but often later). One such thing was a cartoon of two women, one (quite busty) obviously a recent bride, showing a ripped wedding dress to another woman. She is saying "He was maddened by my torso, and that's why my trousseau is tore so".

0 Replies