Dress as Your Future Occupation

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:30 pm
My daughter in kindergarten has to dress as the job she would want to be when she grew up. Unfortunately she did not take my suggestion of a brain surgeon. Imagine she could go to school with a white surgeon outfit complete with mask and scalpel and red dye strategically placed. Oh well there goes my creative thoughts. Luckily, I was able to steer her away from cheerleader and she selected her second favorite - teacher. Any suggestions on how I could dress her like a teacher?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,522 • Replies: 13
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:31 pm
Fake wire-rimmed glasses, straight long skirt and button down blouse, and a ruler?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:52 pm
This is tough as I do not want to offend her teacher by stereotyping a certain dress. And I refuse to go out and buy clothes just for this one day!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 02:04 pm
I see your point. Kind of hard to dress up as an occupation that doesn't have a uniform without stereotyping. Good luck.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 02:34 pm
Dressed as a brain surgeon with a scaple, she'd be carrying a deadly weapon.

What does her teacher wear? Could your daughter carry a teddy bear to tutor?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 02:41 pm
Funny you say that Noddy. I did a search for a teacher costume on the net figuring maybe I would get ideas. The majority of them were "Sexy Teacher's Pet Costumes." I did not even look as looking at these sites could get me fired.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 02:43 pm
There are many orders of teaching nuns. How about a black veil and white wimple?

(Kidding, kidding, kidding. Please no "I hated those d@mn nuns" responses.)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 02:47 pm
Some teachers I had probably wouldn't be good examples, like that French teacher who refused to wear anything but polyester blouses. She had frosted blonde hair and garish blue eyeshadow she was too old to pull off, and always carried vodka in her purse.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 02:49 pm
I might get in trouble if I give my daughter a bottle of vodka, but thanks for the thought.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 03:22 pm
How about if she wears a dress, and carries a book and an apple?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 03:26 pm
Do they still show "the Magic School Bus"?
As I recall, Ms. Frizz always had some interesting outfits.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:23 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Some teachers I had probably wouldn't be good examples, like that French teacher who refused to wear anything but polyester blouses. She had frosted blonde hair and garish blue eyeshadow she was too old to pull off, and always carried vodka in her purse.

OMG! That sounds like "The Voj," Mme. Vojtech, who spoke french with a slavakian accent and always had another ancient fiance, but none who could hold a candle to the deceased M. Voj until after she retired from teaching we "little gels." Then she became Mme. Haversham, or something like that. Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 02:53 pm
Thanks all - I kind of used all your thoughts on this one. I did put my daughter's hair up in a bun. Then I put on a conservative shirt. I had a little chalkboard and made a ruler and apple out of construction paper and taped them on one end of it. I then took some twine and attached it to the back of the chalkboard - I wrote ABC and 123 on the chalkboard and she wore it around her neck.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 02:55 pm
Ahh, that's cute. The chalkboard around her neck clearly a symbol for the aspiration to tenure. Smile
0 Replies