Why do people not acknowledge Obama did the same things as Trump?

girlie

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:57 pm
I never got liberal Logic. I mean Obama did the travel ban several times yet I never heard of massive marches and airport bans when he did it.

Obama gave Iran $150 billion dollars and aided terrorists but I don't see the snowflakes protesting that but they want to protest whatever Trump does even though Obama has done nothing different.

This isn't a new thing.

How does this logic work some people think Obama is the Messiah not acknowledging the backstabbing things Obama has done but they want to point out every fault in Trump?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:14 pm
@girlie,
There is only one Logic.
Liberals and conservatives often fail at it.
No, Obama didn't do a tenth of the wrong doing in his 2 mandates of what Trump has done in a couple of months. Obama is loved worldwide Trump hated worldwide.
If you can't spot the difference between one of the best if not the best of the American presidents, and clearly the worst of them all, then you have a cognitive problem.
As for political mistakes there are two categories, those that are like trying to predict the weather 6 months ahead and those that are straight out stupid. Guess in which category Trump falls into. Oh by the way I am not American in case you are thinking I might have a biased view. European and thanking the FSM I don't have to live there. For starters I have free health care back home in Europe.
Lash

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:22 pm
I agree wholeheartedly. Obama murdered plenty of guilty AND innocent men, women, and children during his tenure. More by drone than any other president.

Press: nothing.

Again, more hypocrisy.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
There is only one Logic.

On the surface...

Quote:
Liberals and conservatives often fail at it.

Agreed

Quote:
No, Obama didn't do a tenth of the wrong doing in his 2 mandates of what Trump has done in a couple of months.

That is a matter of opinion. I'm no Trump supporter but Obama wasn't even close to perfect in his first few months. It helps to have the media in your back pocket, and Trump does not have the media in his back pocket.

Quote:
Obama is loved worldwide Trump hated worldwide.

As an American, I don't care what country likes or dislikes our President, he doesn't work for them.

Quote:
If you can't spot the difference between one of the best if not the best of the American presidents, and clearly the worst of them all, then you have a cognitive problem.

That is a whole lot opinion. Obama isn't and won't be listed as one of the best Presidents in US history. He will be seen as average and his biggest accomplishment will be seen as the first black President.

Quote:
As for political mistakes there are two categories, those that are like trying to predict the weather 6 months ahead and those that are straight out stupid.

Obama's red line? Saying global warming was the biggest threat the US faced? How about ignoring Russia and failing at the "Russian Reset"? Those are some pretty ******* stupid things that you claim put him as one of the best US Presidents.

Quote:
Guess in which category Trump falls into.

We don't know yet, he hasn't even been President for 100 days yet. Although you can bet that the US media is going to do their part to make sure he isn't seen in a positive light.

Quote:
Oh by the way I am not American in case you are thinking I might have a biased view.

You do have a biased view, a very bias view.

Quote:
European and thanking the FSM I don't have to live there.

Well except for wanting US war power to protect your weak ass country. How much does your nation contribute to their own protection? Are you afraid NATO is going to go away and leave you defenseless against the big bad Russians? I know you cried when Trump said we should cut funding to NATO.

Quote:
For starters I have free health care back home in Europe.

Are you really that foolish to think your health insurance is free? Do you base your pride on how much free crap you can get out of your govt? Do you actually contribute to the running of your nation or do you sit back with your hand out?
Lash

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:36 pm
Obama received a Nobel Prize for being elected president. He went on to be the most prolific drone killer in US history (so far), he signed away American rights to safe food to Monsanto... All of our presidents since Carter have been corrupt by degrees. Probably plenty before Carter.

The fact that most Americans still buy into the ridiculous black and white hat, two-party system would be laughable if it wasn't so ******* tragic.

There are no republicans or democrats anymore. Not really. It's just a subterfuge to keep small-minded people distracted and under control.

Think.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:36 pm
@girlie,
Wrong on all points. Obama Returned their money. He didn't give them anything. Lefties gave this country civil rights and social security. What did conservatives give Americans? Gridlock and their attempts to takeaway health care from millions of Americans for which it would have been a death sentence for many.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:59 pm
@Baldimo,
You get more like oralloy every day, Baldimo.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:02 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
All of our presidents since Carter have been corrupt by degrees. Probably plenty before Carter.

The fact that most Americans still buy into the ridiculous black and white hat, two-party system would be laughable if it wasn't so ******* tragic.

There are no republicans or democrats anymore. Not really. It's just a subterfuge to keep small-minded people distracted and under control.

This goes all the way back to G Washington, Lash.

More honesty from Lash. Which will make Baldimo lash out at me. Smile
Lash

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:19 pm
@camlok,
I'll take issue with Washington and a few more after him. Corruption isn't a peculiarly American thing; it's a human thing. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Britain scoured the depths of the human condition while their empire reigned over the world. When America wrestled that mantle from them, the worst of us rose up to take what we could.

So it goes.

This is why Bernie Sanders rising was a miracle to me.
camlok

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:45 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I'll take issue with Washington and a few more after him.

We'll leave the genocidal demi-gods to their graves.

Quote:
Corruption isn't a peculiarly American thing; it's a human thing. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Britain scoured the depths of the human condition while their empire reigned over the world. When America wrestled that mantle from them, the worst of us rose up to take what we could.

So it goes.

What then was the purpose of the Nuremberg War Crimes tribunals? Why should Germans and Japanese have hung for things that were not as bad as what US presidents since WWII have done?
girlie

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:05 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I'd trust Trump over Obama. Trump doesn't act like he's done no wrong like Obama has and tries to cover it up acting like a Saint. At least Trump has never lied about what kind of person he is. That's why he won.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:07 pm
@camlok,
I don't argue. We all have our genocides to atone for.
No one gets out innocent.
camlok

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:11 pm
@Lash,
Why do people like Saddam Hussein hang when,

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged. By violation of the Nuremberg laws I mean the same kind of crimes for which people were hanged in Nuremberg. And Nuremberg means Nuremberg and Tokyo. So first of all you’ve got to think back as to what people were hanged for at Nuremberg and Tokyo. And once you think back, the question doesn’t even require a moment’s waste of time." -Noam Chomsky

camlok

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:12 pm
@Lash,
Not only has the US never atoned for any of its myriad genocides, it has celebrated them.

Why such deep deep evil from the land of the free and the home of the brave?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:12 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Flying Spaghetti Monster?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:25 pm
@camlok,
I think you'll have to look elsewhere for an argument. I agree. I think my only argument is that you focus on the crimes by America, seemingly blind to similar crimes by every society in every age.

Plank in your eye?
0 Replies

girlie

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:27 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
And also explain why I would want to vote for the Democratic party who screwed Bernie over? If they can betray their own people, who knows what these snowflakes would do to America, lol.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:28 pm
@girlie,
Do you know how elections work?
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:28 pm
@girlie,
Not much choice is there, girlie, the devil or the deep blue sea.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:02 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly. Obama murdered plenty of guilty AND innocent men, women, and children during his tenure. More by drone than any other president.

Lawful acts of war are not murder.