I'm depressed :(

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:12 pm
Today in the Stars & Stripes, it said my FI's unit was getting extended in Iraq until Feb or MARCH. This is the 3rd time they've been extended. Crying or Very sad

I can't imagine how all the soldiers are feeling. They get pumped up to go home and then let down. That's the military for you but so many families, including mine, had so many hopes in having a huge holiday get-together to celebrate his return. Now all these families, spouses, and troops have to spend it alone. Sad

I feel like throwing up. Crying or Very sad Nice thought eh.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,709 • Replies: 43
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:15 pm
Oh, Jo, I'm so sorry! Can I be depressed with you?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:21 pm
Jo, my sincere condolences...I think you should write a letter to...oh, never mind.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:27 pm
Grrrrr. Never raise false hope - to anyone.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:28 pm
panzade, mr.oh-nevermind doesn't care-- jo, save your ink for the poles
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:34 pm
would that be a North or a South?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:36 pm
well every pole has a north and a south to it, but i think one of these poles is distinctly more south than the other
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:42 pm
Quote:
Oh, Jo, I'm so sorry! Can I be depressed with you?

aweeeee.

thanks everyone.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:43 pm
I'm sure you meant West Pole...I'm hoping Kerry can help bring the troops home in due time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:12 pm
Joahaeyo--

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:51 pm
I'm real sorry to hear this, Johaeyo. It's way more than a disappointment for the families. The only thing you can do is have heart and be brave for them. I'm sure they're more than ready to come home, too. We can only hope that your FI (is that Father-in-law or somebody closer?) and all those other troops will be experienced enough to stay safe for these next few months. Fingers crossed that things get better.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:53 pm
extended stay
Aren't you getting married in May? If they extend your fiance's tour of duty in Iraq until February or March . . . maybe they might extend his stay until April or May . . . or May or June. (Insert cuss words here.)

I understand why you're depressed. Hopefully, the ball will get rolling after the election on Tuesday and your man will be home very soon.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:02 pm
That's lousy news, Joahaeyo.
I've been hearing similar news at another forum I spend time at.
Lots of very upset families and friends.

Have you and your fiance given consideration to having a very quick wedding the minute he gets back, and having a bigger wedding once things are stabilized?

He's your guy and you want him safe and home now. That's very understandable. Doesn't really how matter how you feel about anything else. You want your guy back.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:45 pm
Re: extended stay
Debra_Law wrote:
Aren't you getting married in May? If they extend your fiance's tour of duty in Iraq until February or March . . . maybe they might extend his stay until April or May . . . or May or June. (Insert cuss words here.)

shhhh... we're trying to help her Debra..

(sorry...)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:53 pm
Joa

((((HUGS))))
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:34 pm
So sorry to hear this, Joa. IMO, it's not fair to the soldiers or their families to do this. Gives me yet another reason to vote for Kerry (as if I needed one.)

I'd be depressed, too. (((((HUGS)))))
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:02 pm
That sucks.

Sorry that you (and he) need to deal with this.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:30 pm
Piffka, just in case it's not clear in the posts after yours, FI = fiance. lol It made me laugh reading your post. Smile

You have no idea how little words from others can make you feel better. I guess I'll worry about "May" when it comes, but I don't think they'd do that. The troops my FI replaced also had to stay longer than expected but only 150 days. They'd have to get it approved for something longer than that from what I understand, and the families won't have it.

Another girl I JUST met has a husband stationed with my FI, so that helps a lot! We're going to have lunch to "chat" about it once the semester is over (when we'll both be in town). Until then, at least I have my family to spend time with. Smile

((hugs everyone back))
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:01 pm
Oh, goodie, I'm glad I made you laugh.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:05 pm
The Pentagon might have been courteous enough to make their decision before you took the semester off.

The course of true love never did run smooth--certainly not with the Pentagon in charge.
0 Replies