ReWrite ending of Scarlet Letter

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 08:12 pm
HELP NEEDED!

My english teacher seemed to think it a good idea to rewrite the ending to the scarlet letter. And for some apparant reason im having great difficulties. How can i rewrite the ending to someone elses story! I already know the ending too, seeing as i read the book before and seen the movie. So my ending is already tainted by the real ending. anywho the assignment was after we read up to chapter 20 to write a conclusion to what you believed to be the ending of the story. so HELP if you have any ideas whatsover to write it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,777 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:28 pm
indecisive, Welcome to A2K.

The first thing that you should consider is what you liked or didn't like about the ending.

The next thing is to decide if your rewritten ending is believable in the light of the novel.

Would you have the Reverend Arthur Dimsdale die? Could he and Hester have been happy moving away to some place with Pearl as Hester had hoped.

Remember, Dimsdale was a true believer, so you much consider that.

If, when you have thought it through, you think the ending was as it should be, then write a good essay on why it should NOT be rewritten.

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

indecisive8

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:47 pm
thanks, was a big help :-P

you know after writing that post, i started my paper. And i went from hating it to having fun with it. At first i saw it only as a stupid english paper with little point, because there was already an ending to it. But soon after i began it i got lost in the story i was writing, forgetting about it even being a paper. Its amazing how quickly we can change our minds and how easily and unexpected ideas come to mind lol. anywho thanks again lol this paper went from a blah to yay! lol
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:54 pm
a blah to a Yah! I think you made my evening. Now don't forget. Edit your paper for grammar, spelling, etc.

goodnight, my young friend.
0 Replies