im thinking of suicide

john96

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 12:27 pm
i used to like a girl, but neither i nor her showed any kind of mutual feeling for each other,.. days pass, months too, we talk just like normal friends,. One day i get to know that some other guy (say x) asked her out and she said yes..
I felt breathless, depressed, and useless.. but still i had a hope that it would be a rumor.. Now x and me are good friends and he too showed indication that he liked her, they both seemed inseparable (better friends than she and i used to be)..
But still i had hope, so i asked her if she got asked out, she said yes, so then i let out what i had in my heart (i had to, i was weak and alone), and she was sad that i had feelings for her, but then i came up with a thought that "it's anyways the last semester and after this i wouldn't see her much, so it's better i stop talking with her or texting her"... but she came behind me and asked me not to leave her alone, i thought that,.." let me be normal again with her and talk", but i couldn't, or stand the fact that she and x are now in a relationship- which i never expected.. plus im good friends with this x guy.. so it was better for me to move on.. but she kept on texting me, calling me, asking ppl to make me talk to her.. i was weak, i had no company, so i gave in and started texting her,. she felt guilty (she thought she rejected me and hurt me) and she told me that she would help me get over her..which made no sense..
suddenly she tells me she's not into x and that he was manipulative and demanding etc, and that she said yes to him when she was in a vulnerable situation, so the i advised her that if she doesn't like being in relationship with him, she better let him know that..but she didn't want to,, told me she couldn't.. which made everything complicated..
i still texted her and she did too, saying she loved me too,. i felt very happy but still felt bad if i was doing something wrong and then one day she texted me saying that she can't leave him and nothing could be done, and that she has chosen him over me and she is rejecting me..
that night i felt so lonely that i couldn't talk to anyone and i kept telling myself "nothing happened, everything is going to be okay" and i slept off..

After 10 months, today i felt bad for that guy, and thought what kind of a human i am, flirting with someone else's girlfriend, im still lonely, i have no friends that stay with me for long, i meet people and they fade away.. i see x, he had lots ,tons of friends, still might be having, and the girl of his dreams as his girlfriend, (he was trying to ask her out since the start of college it seems), and here i am alone with no one.. im not in a great job, nor am i happy, i rarely smile, and people ask me why im so sad always,, i just say some lie and get going.. life sucks.. there is no point, neither am i sociable nor trying to talk and get to know people.. all of this seems useless,.. and time is abundantly wasted on stupid things..

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 12:51 pm
Stay on here and argue about politics. It's great fun and you will find friends on one side or another...
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 01:05 pm
@john96,
John,

Why have you decided it's pointless? You are in a good situation although you don't see it. You have no ties.

What kind of work would you like? What would you want to be if you could right now?

People come and go in your life, it happens.

But to start is to examine why you think k its pointless? You should examine this in depth. The answer and solution is there.

How do you know if you kill yourself things wouldn't be worse than they are now? Are you 100% certain death can solve all your problems?

Life isn't that hard, its your mindset which makes it seem bad. Adjust your mindset a little to get what you want out of life. You have more control over this than you think.

There are hundreds of women you can have relationships with. Why toss in the towel over one that didn't go your way? There's ALWAYS another opportunity maybe even a better one.

Search your mind for a dream job, something you would enjoy doing. Work towards it no matter what it takes. Its not impossible.
john96

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 01:10 pm
@Krumple,
thank you, im very emotional now
jespah

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 01:20 pm
@john96,
Hey, I just want you to know that a lot of people have been in hard places, just like you are right now. Your emotions are raw and they are all over the place.

FWIW, I don't think you were treated very well by her at all. And not by your friend, either. But those aren't reasons to throw in the towel.

Life does get better. Please stick around and find out.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 01:53 pm
@Krumple,
Right, Krump; yea John given no profile, we don't know how to respond

But John, don't; it might get just a whole lot better
Krumple

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 05:10 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Right, Krump; yea John given no profile, we don't know how to respond

But John, don't; it might get just a whole lot better

I don't have a profile either, so what?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:11 pm
@john96,
Stick around, and give life, yourself a chance, time changes stuff when you less expect it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 09:53 pm
John
You sound depressed. Way too much time and drama spent on one event or issue. Getting and feeling isolated. Sacrificing your own needs for others.

See a Counselor on campus or your Dr.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 03:39 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

John
You sound depressed.

Agreed, and depression is treatable. See a doctor, things will get better. When you're stuck in the pits it's hard to see a way out, but there is. Most of us have been there at some point in our lives.

'When you're going through hell, keep going.' Winston Churchill.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 03:43 am
@dalehileman,
The guy is suicidal, can't you put your obsession with people's profiles on hold for a just minute. Plenty of people have responded with good advice, if you can't then just STFU.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 11:05 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
I don't have a profile either, so what?
But Krump I don't care as much about you

Jus' kiddin', Rump, couldn't resist. Still, it's the newcomer I'd like to understand better
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 11:07 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
put your obsession with people's profiles on hold
Point well taken, Iz

Doesn't happen often

Just kiddin' Iz, we love ya
0 Replies