I never saw any warning signs

jcboy

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2018 06:25 pm
He was our favorite waiter at the Queens Head when we lived in Florida. Chad was sweet and funny and always gave me a signature eye roll for having to muddle the mint for my mojitos. We stayed in contact when we moved to CA.

We would have flown to Florida today for the service but we didn’t find out until yesterday.

I just don’t understand suicide and how it gets to that point that you feel that is the only way out.

Chad Justin Piché

Quote:
Piché, Chad Justin, 44, of Clearwater, FL died September 26, 2018 in his home. Born July 22, 1974 in Watertown, NY. He is the son of Mary Dietterich, Lowville, NY and Gary Piché, Depauville, NY. Chad was a graduate of the International Academy of Design and Technology, Tampa FL, in 2009, with honors and received a Bachelor of Fine Arts and Recording Arts. He received an Associate of Arts Degree of Liberal Arts, Jefferson Community College in Watertown NY in 2000. He worked a studio engineer, creative director, A/V Engineer Producer, with countless professionals in the Audio, Film, Live Sound Reinforcement/Media Industry. He has worked with platinum award-winning songwriters and Grammy nominated recording artists.
Chad was the founder of the Parental Alienation and Awareness, Facebook group as well as the composer and lyricist of “The River Black”, a compilation of 100 songs.
Chad loved music and creating videos and was a multi-talented creative artist and entrepreneur and an advocate for wellness.
He is survived by his son Taylor Clough; grandson, Brandon; brother, Troy A. Piché; two step-brothers, Dillon and Aaron; step-sister, Destiny; aunts, Debbie Nygard and Diane Martin; grandmother, Marie Piché; niece, Emily Piché; nephew, Joshua Piché; and many loving cousins, friends and extended family. He is also survived by his companion of six years, Dean Rector and their felines, Koa and Jasper.

Viewing/Visitation will be held on Saturday, October 6, from 4-5pm followed by a service officiated by Reverend Martin Preston at 5pm. All at Curlew Hills Memory Gardens Funeral Home in Palm Harbor, FL.
Another service will be held at the Christian Life Center in Chaumont, NY. The date is yet to be determined.

glitterbag

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2018 07:09 pm
@jcboy,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing friends like that leaves a hole in your heart and soul. There are so many 'what if's' and so much sadness. Don't blame yourself for missing the cues, all too often they are concealed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2018 07:29 pm
Of the suicides among my friends, I too had no clue. I understand the way you are feeling about it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2018 09:28 pm
A friend attempted suicide after a breakup with BF. She said the decision to do the act came fast and impulsive. She didn’t mean it to be real.

Her suicide gesture failed and she explained it to me afterwards.

One if my sons friends committed suicide a year ago. Playing cards with buddies, drinking. Just got up from the table and went to the bathroom and blew his head off with a gun. No one ever saw that coming. He had just gotten a promotion at work, the company’s new glory boy.
seac

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2018 01:22 am
@PUNKEY,
I had a friend who had a girl he liked who married another guy unexpectedly. I didn't think he would have been that upset because he had been living a carefree life. Got a promotion at his job, no parents to care for, owned a house, etc. He blew his brains out with his service pistol. He was a cop.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2018 08:32 am
@jcboy,
I am so sorry.

This is one of the bigger problems with gun culture in the US. Guns are available and cheap. Men tend to use riskier methods in attempting suicide (not just guns but also hanging themselves). Women tend to use less riskier methods such as pills, and wrist slashing can sometimes be less risky if you do it wrong.

And this is why women are more likely to survive a serious attempt than men are. Means restriction is a proven way to cut down on the number of suicides, such as fencing around bridges. It works. So why the hell don't we do that in the US when it comes to guns?
https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

Sorry for the soapboxing, @jcboy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2018 11:25 am
@jcboy,
Very sorry to read this. Watertown would have been a rough town to come from. I'm glad he found a better community and good friends.

Much love to you and all who loved Chad.
0 Replies