Need help on a slogan

Masayo

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 03:41 pm
Hi everyone, it's Masayo from JPN. I am new to here and my English is so bad. I hope you all will understand what I write here. I will try my best to describe my question.

I am writing an English slogan that will appear in the poster of my new club in school but still have no idea how to write it. Can anyone here give me some advices. Thank you all in advance.

My club aims to provide services for lower class students. Services include homework tutoring, asistance for their daily-life problems and we will organize some leisure-time activities for them etc. The slogan is a sentence not more than 15 English words. The meaning of it will be:

(Since our club provides so many services,) You will always at least find one of these services helpful(or useful) for you.

The meanings of the sentences inside the parentheses above are not included in the slogan, I write them here just because I want to make the meaning clearer. What the slogan is actually about is just the last part of the above sentence: "You will always at least find one of these services helpful/useful for you". I want to know.. is there any neater English slogan-kind sentence that can replace this one? Thank you all!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 950 • Replies: 10
No top replies

squinney

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 03:50 pm
Hi, Masayo. Welcome to Able2Know.

You actually explained that very well. I understand what you are asking and will think about it for a few minutes and get back to you.

I'm sure others will be here to help soon, too.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 03:54 pm
I kinda like:

NEVER FEAR MASAYO AND TEAM ARE HERE!
IF LEARN YOU MUST LEARN FROM US!

and welcome to A2k :-)
0 Replies

Masayo

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 04:09 pm
Thank you for your prompt replies. My English is really bad; but I like English and that's why I'd like to use an English slogan in the poster.
I really need your help because I have been thinking of this question for days and get no clue...
0 Replies

Masayo

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 04:21 pm
It's Sunday morning I have to go out for my part-time job delivering newspapers in the neighborhood area. I will come back about 2 hrs later. Once again.. thank you all! ^^
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 04:25 pm
If this club is genuinely only for "lower class" students, then the premise of this club is a bit disturbing...and somewhat morally offensive.

I suggest you drop the whole concept of "class"...

Anyway, what about the obvious: "something for everyone"
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 05:11 pm
Maybe Masayo meant lower class as in younger students...
0 Replies

Masayo

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 01:48 am
yes I meant "younger students", but I think who is the object here is not that important. Put it this way, can I use this sentence directly:
"You can always find one of our services useful for you."
Is there any grammartical mistake Or any better words I can use in this sentence Or another neater structure that I can be use? Thank you all!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:28 pm
A slogan should be short and snappy. How about You'll always find our services useful.
You'll always find our services helpful.
Our services will help you.
Try our services. They'll help you.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:31 pm
We will service you.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:24 am
Burp.
0 Replies