Here is the schedule and the deadline is at kick-off of the first game:

1/14 4:30 pm --- NFC----Washington @ Seattle
1/14 8:00 pm --- AFC----New England @ Denver
1/15 1:00 pm --- AFC----Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis
1/15 4:30 pm --- NFC----Carolina @ Chicago

1/22 NFC Playoff: Wash/Seattle vs Carolina/Chicago
1/22 AFC Playoff: NE/Denver vs Pittsburgh/Indy

2/5 Superbowl: AFC vs NFC

Plase pick all the way through and predict the total number of points in the Superbowl game itself.

This isn't "last call" but there are only 4 hours left. Dragon is draggin' and Ray is astray. Thanks Sublime, Gus and Kicky for joining us for this final scheduled picking day of the season as we compete hard for the Golden Jockstrap trophy.
Actually, as I recall, we do have a round once we get to the Superbowl, but that, as someone stated last season, is more of a "Johnny come lately" thing. No trophy; not even a Certificate Suitable For Framing.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 01:58 pm
I'm surpized to see an almost even split for Denver/New England.
I thought it would be just Region and me. Anybody watching
Seattle/Washington? No one is giving the 'Skins a chance.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 03:47 pm
So here we are at the real start of the run to the Super Bowl, arguably the most hyped annual event in the US. But I reckon it is more exciting than watching Senate hearings on a Supreme Court nominee. Those guys can't tackle at all, but some of them can block ("Stop it, dammit, Johnboy")
My Friday night PM nags to Ray and Dragon remain unopened. Oh well.
More chips and dip for the rest of us. Burgers and dogs are on the top shelf in the refrigerator; on the shelf below are veggie burgers if that is your peference. The grill is hot, so whenever you get hungry, go for it.
There is plenty of beer in the cooler. I bought a lot of imports plus a 12-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon for Gus. I know that that is all he drinks.
Someone, I won't say whom because this thread is probably being monitored by some Federal agency, brought some "killer weed" if anyone is interested.

We end up with 13 players and, amusingly, we have 7 different Super Bowl champions selected. Someone will get kicked off the island today.
If Washington beats Seattle, down goes JPinmilw who has the Seahawks as the eventual champion. If New England wins over Denver, say goodby to Fbaezer, but if Denver triumphs, Region and George go instead.

Good luck to everyone..
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:52 pm
oh dang...can i still pick--denver, indy, and da bears???? i know i am too late for seattle vs. redskins.

actually i just wanted to weigh in and of course say....WAY TO GO HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost broke my arm during that game...I thought I was gonna blow a gasket. gonna miss Vince Young though Sad
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:52 pm
i think you can stick a fork in Seattle Sad
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/images/01/14/tx_0114_alexander.hurt_gett.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:59 pm
fumble!

RP misread the score -- they're up 17-3 in the 3rd quarter.
that's a damn impressive score, considering their best player has an icepack on his head.

(johnboy thinks he's the only one who refers to himself in the 3rd person...)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:40 pm
I feel fairly comfortable that I will win the coveted A2K football playoffs prognostication trophy. With the Redskins losing everything is falling into place.

<Gustav departs to clear a spot on his mantel for the trophy>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Bettis is no longer capable of a 36-yard run. Are you sure you didn't mean 3.6?

You will see, and you will believe.

It will happen.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 09:07 pm
I have a collection of Jerome Bettis rookie cards. I bought them on speculation that he would turn out to be a great running back.

I wonder if they are worth anything?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 07:25 am
Hail to my Redskins! They gave it a good shot...but I don't think Seattle is Super Bowl calibre.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 07:43 am
kickycan wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Bettis is no longer capable of a 36-yard run. Are you sure you didn't mean 3.6?

You will see, and you will believe.

It will happen.

The big 15,000 ...and to think...I was ahead of you at one time. You've been a busy little beaver.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 10:34 am
pates played like 3 rings in 4 years was enough... i predict they move some veterans in the off-season...
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 11:49 am
Pats need balance. Corey Dillion is probably in gone in favor of new free agent, or maybe a rookie. O-line needs to be sured up, and they will probably need a new D-Coordinator. I think Brady and Belichick are gonna become the 90-95 Broncos. Lots of playoff appearances, but no Super Bowls.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 12:52 pm
Seattle vs. Chicago - Chicago
Indy vs. Denver - Indy

Super bowl- Indy vs. Chicago - Indy (37)

I know this indy game ain't looking good, but it wasn't looking good in teh nat'l champ game with 6 minutes left and down 12 points...I am gonna try to have faith in manning...it worked with Vince Young
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 03:47 pm
Ha, ha, so Pittsburgh wins over Indy. The last couple of minutes were bizarre. Fbaeazer, Kicky and Johnboy had the Steelers. A bunch of you had Indy picked as taking the Superbowl. I am really sorry to see that (ha, ha, Pittsburgh won) Liontamerx, Cowdoc, Child of Light, El-diablo, Panzade and Dragon are no longer in contention.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 03:55 pm
It was worth it though...Helluva a game.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:30 pm
Panzade wrote:
Hail to my Redskins! They gave it a good shot...but I don't think Seattle is Super Bowl calibre.

First of all, Panzade, I would like to offer my condolences. Not because the Redskins lost, but because you are a fan of them. They are one rung down from the Packers on my most hated list.

But you are correct on your Seattle assessment. They are not a Super Bowl calibre team and that is why I picked Carolina to win over Indy.

Hindsight tells me I should have picked Pittsburgh because defense always seems to control the playoffs
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:34 pm
How can any sane person hate the Packers ?

Oh, nevermind.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:39 pm
Nice observation, LionTamer.

I will accept that as a compliment in the highest form.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 06:25 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
First of all, Panzade, I would like to offer my condolences. Not because the Redskins lost, but because you are a fan of them. They are one rung down from the Packers on my most hated list.

Save your pity. Any man that has no cherished team must be looked on with suspicion
0 Replies