The A2K football pool

panzade

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 07:41 pm
Obrien missed two. Think the Jets will trade up for a kicker this year?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 02:43 pm
typical jets.
i do like the fact that they made em sweat in steel town...

curtis martin sounds like he's ready for a change of scenery -- he was mighty pissed during the postgame interview...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 02:54 pm
Can't blame him...a premier running back...wasted for 5 years.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 04:14 pm
Looks like an Eagles-Patriots Super Bowl.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 05:21 pm
Ha!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 06:52 pm
Hallf of the players are out. They love their Colts.

I picked Pats just to remind everybody.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:47 pm
Good evening to yall you nice folks and also to gus.

I've got my red highlighter out (bad) and my yellow one (good).
Occumbill went down early with his unwavering loyalty to the Packers. Pdiddie falls today with the defeat of the Colts.
Child, fbaezer, pan and johnboy are still alive.
Johnboy has the most yellow marked teams left (Phil, Atl, NE & Pitts) but he shouldn't/isn't getting cocky.
I can't imagine watching or playing in a game in the cold like the NE game. I know that conditions can and perhaps will get even worse. I would not survive (although, now that I recall, johnboy did survive when the Army decided that it would be amusing to send the southern boy to Ft Dix, NJ, for Basic Training in Nov-Dec. I have never been so cold in my life).
Anyway, I look forward to yalls reviews of this weekend's games and good luck next. -rjb
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 08:00 pm
Well, anybody that can remember the great championships : Packers-Cowboys on the frozen tundra,
Giants- Colts overtime...Ameche 2 yrd run for all the marbles...had to admit the Pats are like a glory team from the past.
As I pointed out to Child, it's hard to win when your defense is on the field most of the game. 3 drives of over 80 yards...the best linebackers in the game...who needs cornerbacks. Bruschi was the MVP.
Maybe we witnessed this years Super Bowl champion today. If you're a dome team you'd better have home field advantage or you're done.
Kudos to Manning...but...if I had to choose a quarterback I'd take Brady at least til Big Ben isn't wet behind the ears.
A great game.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 10:11 pm
panzade wrote:

As I pointed out to Child, it's hard to win when your defense is on the field most of the game. 3 drives of over 80 yards....

I told you that.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:13 am
OK OK we told each other...lol
0 Replies

Json 23

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:32 am
I think the Falcons will beat the eagles 34-21 and vick will have over 100rushing yards and then the pats will shutout the steelers 12-0.
And in the superbowl its the pats over vick and the falcons 21-18 with vinateri winning it again
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:34 am
there's no way the pats can shut them out in pittsburgh, not with those 2 manimals running the ball...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:23 am
I don't know what to think anymore. I picked Steelers but after watching the Pats and Steelers last week I look like a chump.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:40 am
The thing that may make the difference in Pats v Steelers is that Belichick
has had time to think about what went wrong last time and lots of
Steelers tape to study. This morning some radio sports pundit said that
Belichick is 13-0 the second time he deals with an opposing quarterback.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:19 am
That's what I'm afraid of. And we were speculating that the cornerbacks were out and Indy would rack up 500 yards passing. Well , now we know that the linebackers were who made the cornerbacks so good.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:40 pm
Good evening yall. Welcome, json_23 to A2K and hi to Region and George for also contributing to this thread.
I mentioned before that, despite my tending to the paperwork involved in running this amusement, I really know little about the NFL. One of my employees is a huge Steelers fan. Andy's comments today:
--The weather in Pitts on Sunday evening could be awful: snow and bitterly cold;
--That could take away the passing game. Pitts runs and defends against the run well. If Ben has to/had to throw 20 times, Pitts loses;
--Neither team is trash talking.
I checked ESPN to find out the game times and noted that the the majority of the "experts" have NE. There also was a consensus in the Atl-Phil game but I can't remember what it was. Phil, I think.
For the record, amongst the four of us still alive when we started this:
Child has NE over Pitts;
fbaezer has Pitts over NE
rjb has Phil over Atl and NE over Pitts;
pan has Phil over Atl and Pitts over NE.
Good luck to us all. Stay warm. 4-8 inches of snow forecast for VA starting early Sat am!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 07:43 pm
Thanks RJB we're expecting freeze warnings on Sunday down here in sunny Fla. I have very little hope for the Steelers but I think it'll be a classic game.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 03:54 pm
i sincerely hope nobody loses power tmrw from 3-10pm...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 05:24 pm
Me, too, Region. We only got about an inch or two of snow/sleet. The bulk of the storm swept up to the NE area which should make Phil and Piits interesting places to be tomorrow. I can't imagine paying money to sit in the stands under those conditions.
Keep the faith, pan, the experts (and rjb) have NE
but the Steelers have a good chance.
(15 degrees in VA and getting windy) -rjb
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 05:26 pm
Weren't you the one that told me not to cross the steelers? And then you go and switch to the Pats...lol
0 Replies