MILITARIZATION OF SPACE

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 06:06 pm
Listening to Pacifica Radio on my way home today, I caught part of a conversation in which it was charged that the budget to NASA was cut, leaving them short funded just so the military could step in and fund missions on the condition that all flights be dual in nature - NASA business and the military's business. The man, whose name I did not get, said that every shuttle flight has carried military payload. He said that is why people in the search for the shuttle pieces right now have to use gieger counters on people who may have been exposed - nuclear material on board. He was describing a death star being built up there. Do any of you able2ers have a source that will address the issue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,530 • Replies: 23
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:12 pm
Not I. Even I think that this death star is very unlikely.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:16 pm
This is right up there on the probability list with another rumour floating around that the Russians shot down Columbia Saturday morning.

If there was radioactive material floating around do you really think they'd be leaving these bits and pieces sitting in hundreds of people's front yards? Even if they didn't care about the people's health, the gig would be up as soon as the first piece showed up as radioactive.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:17 pm
I've been as guilty as others at various times in wanting to believe the worst about the US government. But this just sounds like some environmental kook who is against space exploration.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 09:23 pm
I came across some interesting websites on the matter. Here is a sampling:
govt documentsAmerican militarizationspurring or deterring
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 06:25 pm
good links; we all should check the Disclosure Project interviews as well.
please order a cdrom/dvd, or if you want to preview it, it can be found on edonkey and kazaa.

very important info and highly significant for the world we are in now.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 07:40 pm
um just a bit of info as my late brother was an aerospace engineer, there are plutonium devices on the shuttle that have no military function. so it is possible to find radioactivity.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 07:52 pm
Since lab experiments were performed in the shuttle, it's a good bet that the radioactivity was from the isotopes used in the experiments. Most likely, C-14. No great harm. Also suspect some Ca label too for some of the bone density studies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 07:55 pm
I am not being an alarmist about what fell to earth from the shuttle mishap. My primary focus is on the military's use of space.
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 10:13 pm
Edgar:

Checking in!

Anon
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 10:34 pm
Hi, anon.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 09:31 am
Just another in a long list of shall we call it conspiracy theories. There are always people who want to believe the worst about the US government and will generate scenarios to prove it. .
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 09:45 am
Why would the military want crystallized proteins? Question
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 11:03 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I am not being an alarmist about what fell to earth from the shuttle mishap. My primary focus is on the military's use of space.

Which as of yet no one has established as a fact in this discussion.

I am curious to know what specific reservations you have about "the military's use of space". Clearly they have spy satellites, and we all benefit from the GPS satellites they funded and put in place. What specific things do you not want the military to do in space?

Thanks in advance for a courteous, thoughtful reply. Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 12:16 pm
Trespassers will be murdered - oops, I mean, merely shot - If you say there is no militarization of space going on, the discussion ends right here. If you are trying to ferret out a hidden agenda - Wrong, dude. I began the thread because I wanted information from others, not to preach. So have ya got anything?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 01:17 pm
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:02 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Trespassers will be murdered - oops, I mean, merely shot - If you say there is no militarization of space going on, the discussion ends right here. If you are trying to ferret out a hidden agenda - Wrong, dude. I began the thread because I wanted information from others, not to preach. So have ya got anything?

Yes, I have a question. It is printed above. I asked it because I genuinely wish to explore what your reservations are here. I'm not looking for a hidden agenda, nor do I have one of my own. I asked what I asked because I want to know what you are thinking. Sorry that you couldn't just consider my question and respond.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:09 pm
I detect an edge to your questions. I don't care to expound on the subject until I feel I have enough information.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:29 pm
Total spectrum dominance. He who holds the high ground, commands the battle. Its all about America's global projection of power. There will be war soon over this between China and the USA.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:32 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I detect an edge to your questions. I don't care to expound on the subject until I feel I have enough information.

That is certainly your right. I can only tell you that I am not laying a trap or doing anything but attempting to explore this issue with you. I respect your right to abstain, without animosity, and hope you will consider sharing more of your thoughts whenever you are comfortable doing so.

I have to run out to a meeting right now, but perhaps later or tomorrow I will offer some thoughts about what limits I would like to see. Maybe that will get the ball rolling.
0 Replies