Should I be friends with him even after a bad relationship?

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 12:42 pm
OK, theres this guy who I went out with for almost a year, it was a VERY serious relationship but it ended horribly (he cheated alot and lied)! I broke up with him (if thats any constilation lol) he wanted to be friends even after the whole break-up proccess and to this day he still won't admit that he hurt/cheated on me! Crying or Very sad

Besides that he was one of my best friends (before we went out) and he was really fun to hang out with. Should I be one of his good friends again or let it go? Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,009 • Replies: 13
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 12:52 pm
If you still enjoy his company, being friend is fine.

I wouldn't trust him to be anything more than that. Especially since he still won't admit to cheating.

One question though, do you have proof that he cheated? If so why is he still denying it? (ok that's two questions)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 12:59 pm
Why do you want to spend time with a guy who cheats and lies and denies that he cheats and lies?
0 Replies

beautiful surrender

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:36 pm
hey its me again.
And yes I do have proof Sad I talked to some of the girls with who he cheated on me with and I have caught him in the act before. But you know what I actually found out some other horrible things about him recently so I give up, he is is just not worth the time and trouble!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:41 pm
Sounds wise.
0 Replies

Lysistrata

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:49 pm
His name is Jamie.
0 Replies

Lysistrata

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:50 pm
Re: Should I be friends with him even after a bad relationsh
beautiful_surrender wrote:
OK, theres this guy who I went out with for almost a year, it was a VERY serious relationship but it ended horribly (he cheated alot and lied)! I broke up with him (if thats any constilation lol) he wanted to be friends even after the whole break-up proccess and to this day he still won't admit that he hurt/cheated on me! Crying or Very sad

Besides that he was one of my best friends (before we went out) and he was really fun to hang out with. Should I be one of his good friends again or let it go? Confused

Evil or Very Mad I thought you hated him!!!! And yeah... Why would you be friends with a lieing, cheating *bad word*
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:10 pm
If he cheated and lied, maybe the relationship wasn't so serious to him...
Ok, so he hurt you, denies his faults and still wants to be friends... if I were you I'd run as fast as I can! Specially if you still have feelings for him. If not.. lucky you! But run anyway! I wouldn't want to hang out with someone like that, all relationships are based on trust. Once it's been broken it gets very, very hard to rebuild it. Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:16 pm
beautiful_surrender wrote:
hey its me again.
And yes I do have proof Sad I talked to some of the girls with who he cheated on me with and I have caught him in the act before. But you know what I actually found out some other horrible things about him recently so I give up, he is is just not worth the time and trouble!!!

Good choice. A friendship is a relationship as well and trust still applies. Who needs friends who lie?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:26 pm
I hate to help a girl make an ass of a guy, but I think you are missing the obvious possibility of revenge here.

I think you should tell him that, yes, you might consider being friends again, but make sure he knows he has to prove himself to you. Then make him buy you things, take you places, use him for sex even!

As long as you don't let your feelings get in the way, you can have your own personal lap dog. And if he catches on, then you can just laugh in his face, and tell him, yeah, you're right, I used you, scumbag! Now we're even!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 06:30 am
Quote:
to this day he still won't admit that he hurt/cheated on me!

So he is a cheater, a liar, and has completely discounted your feelings. I think that you need to look inside yourself, and try to determine why you even want to have anything more to do with this creep.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:29 am
kickycan wrote:
I hate to help a girl make an ass of a guy, but I think you are missing the obvious possibility of revenge here.

I think you should tell him that, yes, you might consider being friends again, but make sure he knows he has to prove himself to you. Then make him buy you things, take you places, use him for sex even!

As long as you don't let your feelings get in the way, you can have your own personal lap dog. And if he catches on, then you can just laugh in his face, and tell him, yeah, you're right, I used you, scumbag! Now we're even!

tsc tsc tsc.. Us women are waaay too emotional for this game...
A lot of us have been there, done that... and failed at it..

Or maybe I should stick with speaking for myself... Embarrassed
0 Replies

Aris

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 05:12 am
kickycan wrote:

Screw revenge, the best thing to do is to ignore the person, forget them, and never look back.

One day the guy will recall how he had your heart and will regret the way he acted, and when you are nowhere to be found, that will be your revenge, in a sense. And if he doesn't regret how he was to you one day, his loss, not yours; you shouldn't waste your time on such inconsiderate people nor care Twisted Evil
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 05:53 am
Yes. Wise words, Aris.
0 Replies