A nagging question

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 09:23 pm
Ok TLDR; Two friends who are great for one another. They finally get together after 8 years. She decides to break it off to date a loser.

Long story:

I have two friends. They are actually nearly perfect for one another. The literal joke for years was that they would end up together. Finally, they start doing things (dating, sex, etc) After 2 months, she decides that she needs to be single. Which involves breaking up with my guy friend, who has a great paying job, has the same interests as her and an MBA, to date a snow bro, with poor hygiene, a shitty job and literally chocked her. She actually said to my friend, "You're amazing and far better than this guy, but I want to be single." And said, "The main reason why I'm dating him is because he has more free time and all his friends say he's a 'great guy.'" Which impressed her. Which confused the **** out of him. I'm not really sure why she did this either. I have known her for just about as long as they have known each other. She has a nasty habit of dating the worst choice in men. (Ex. Her last boy friend was abusive on every level.)

Am I missing something? Is she so messed up in the head that she thinks she deserves **** guys? What is it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 365 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 10:06 pm
@SleeplessMind,
She probably thinks he is more fun. He probably makes her laugh a lot and they are spontaneous together.

Your friend might be boring, repetitious, predictable, uninspiring or too rigid? Has a 8pm bed time and sets his tie out for the next day.
SleeplessMind

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 10:09 pm
@Krumple,
HA HA. Fair point. He isn't a straight laced kind of guy. He just has a 9-5 job that the money mainly goes to necessary adult payments and traveling. It's difficult to keep him in town for longer than 2 weeks.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 05:54 am
@SleeplessMind,
For whatever reason, she just was not happy dating your friend. Just because everyone they know think they would be perfect for each other does not mean they are perfect for each other. She must have decided that at this stage in her life she did not wish to date him. Maybe that will change. Maybe it won't.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 07:18 am
@SleeplessMind,
What it is, is not your business.

Do you think she's in physical danger? Then tell her. And give her a safe haven because people who are being abused are also being isolated by their abusers. It's a classic trope: the abuser cuts off all communications and relationships so the victim has no means of comparison and no safe harbor to flee to.

So be a safe harbor for this friend, and stop judging her relationship choices until she is far away from this guy. Because the whole thing with your guy friend with the great job, etc.? Repeat after me: It's nobody's business but theirs.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 08:52 am
"Two friends who are great for one another . . .They are actually nearly perfect for one another . . . . The literal joke for years was that they would end up together."

The mistake here is that THEY didn't think all this was right.
Most likely, they are of the same temperament/personality and people just assumed they were right romantically for each other. Not always true.
0 Replies