What happened here, jerk behaviour??

TKLola

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 02:19 am
Im new to the forum. One of the main reasons for joining, is that I need honest advice. this has been on my mind, and I need to either get it off my chest or Im going to go mad.
heres the story:
I recently met up with a guy friend I had been talking to over the internet. We have been talking to each other for the past 4 years. Im currently 18 and he's 21. We've talked on the phone,. numerous times, and exchanged pictures and all of that. So we finally decided to meet up. the plan was to spend the weekend with each other, since I live so far away. So I left my city and went to his, which is about 2 hours away. We finally did meet up and we went back to his dorm. We watched a couple of shows together and ended up making out/fooling around. We did this often, on the first day that we actually met. Coming very close to having sex, but we didnt. I decided it was not such a grand idea. What struck me as odd was he knew I was coming and yet did not make any solid plans for the weekend. That following morning we watched more television with each other, until he decided to take me on a tour of his school. We did that and came back. He then left me in his dorm room for quite some time, by myself, all alone to watching TV. When he finally did come back , he got a call from a friend of his ( a girl mind you) who lives in another school, not too far but far enough from his. We went to pick her up. So they could hang out. We picked her up, got something to eat and went to the mall. Basically all this time I felt like the third wheel. When we got back to her dorm, we watched bits of the red sox game, all the while, these two snuggled up to each other on the couch, while I sat by myself watching the game. When we got back from that expenditure, we came back to his dorm, his roomate, whom he shares a car with, asked what did we do that would use up so much mileage, he lied and told him that we had spent this really cool day together , doing all this really fun stuff. While in reality NONE of it occured. Then as expected, he left me alone again, as he talked to his neighbor for some odd thirty minutes, he came back, went into his room , went online (closed his door by the way) and left me in the living room by myself. So the weekend for me was becoming annoying. That following night, since we were sharing a bed, he slept at an remarkable distance from the previous night. The morning came and he had to go to class, and he kissed me goodbye. I was left AGAIN in his dorm room alone, and I had to get home. So I found my way out,. thanks to some other students that attend the school . I left and didnt leave a note although I thought of writing one. I made it to my cousins home that following night. I called him the following morning and left a message on his answering machine that I had arrived safely. I was expecting to talk to him online, since he is always the first to IM me when Im on. But in the past few days, Im getting the feeling that he has been avoiding me. I think maybe he was not into me that much, or he just wanted sex. I feel hurt and confused , because I really dont know what happened. the entire weekend felt like a waste And if it was, then I need to move on right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 889 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:19 am
hi
I think he treated you poorly. Yes, he was a jerk for making out with you and then snuggling with another girl right in front of you. Bizaare. In your shoes, I think I would have left a LOT SOONER!
0 Replies

Crazy-Girl

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:55 am
He sounds like a real jerk. Normally I'd say he just wanted sex, but you say you've been talking for 4 years, and that's a lot for a guy who just wants sex. Anyway, you need to move on, don't waste your time with guys who don't deserve you.
0 Replies

bjj

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 11:40 pm
waste of tim e he is you desrve better
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 04:54 am
I think that what you experienced was the down side of getting to know people on the internet. He may have been a wonderful guy on the internet, but when you met him, he behaved like an absolute ass. Let us say, for argument's sake, that when he met you in person, he was disappointed. At the least, he could have offered you a pleasant time.

I think that you should chalk this up to a learning experience, and move on. If I were you, I would end all communication with this jerk!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 07:16 am
He no good for you.

Come to Slappy. I show you good time. We buy ice cream and have sexy-time together.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 07:31 am
Slappy's been trolling for Russian girls again.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:01 am
I've heard bad things about Russian girls.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:05 am
TKLola, yeah, it sounds pretty weird. The thing with talking to you for four years could still be consistent with wanting to keep his options open play the field whatever. He could even have multiple IM windows open simultaneously -- seems kind of like what he was doing IRL. (In one window, he snuggles on the couch, in the other, girl watches the game and waits...)

I also agree that I'm surprised you lasted that long.

How are you doing now?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:10 am
You're a sweet woman Lola and your values are admirable. Don't sell yourself short. Demand the best or as Noddy would say: Hold Your Dominion
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:21 am
This is a good example of why internet romances are not always real. Don't you wish now that you'd met him in person sooner? Then you wouldn't have wasted so much time.

Whatever he's said to you online, you now know he's not seriously interested in you. You deserve better than that. Go out and find it.
0 Replies

TKLola

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 12:54 am
yeah, I wish I would have known that he was a jerk a lot , a lot sooner. :sighs: Its definitely a learning experience, but at the same time I feel really hurt since I did invest so much time and it turned out to be a waste....and then for him to avoid me, he cant even be decent and try to apologize for being a asshole
0 Replies