13

What are all the causes of violence?

speedjohn

0  
Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2017 06:46 am
@Thomas33,
Intolerance,Poverty,Unemployment and Media are the reasons of violence.

ashwin723

1  
Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2017 07:43 pm
Our desires manifest themselves as greed or fear. We try to gain or to keep loosing something; life, fame, wealth or power. When the ego overrides the compassion we resort to violence. Violence can be physical, verbal or subtle, like cunningness. Violence has only one aim, to hurt the object of the hate.

Higher the truth we try to reach, more our conclusions diverge from other people's, since our pre-formed beliefs are founded on our passions. This is why most sincere and able persons want to choose different roads to reach the same goal.
Finn dAbuzz

1  
Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 03:02 pm
@ashwin723,
I would say pretty damned close.

My only quibble is in regards to "greed"

I'm not sure "status" and "greed" are quite the same.

It may just be semantics, but "greed" has a connotation that I don't think works well within zoology.
Krumple

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 12:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
One possible cause for violence;

When the person in front of you at the grocery store has fifty coupons and the clerk looks them over after ringing up everything only to discover half of them are expired. So the person wants those items removed from the balance making the clerk have to find the items and rescan them to delete them. Then the person struggles to dig out change to have enough to pay the total.

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 12:51 am
@Krumple,
And then they try to pay with New Zealand food stamps and Canadian identification?

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:27 am
@roger,
New Zealand does not subject its benefit claimants to the humiliation of food stamps, it's a very civilised country.

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:51 am
Oh, okay. Sure would be frustrating to be behind one in an American supermarket, though.

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:59 am
@roger,
I doubt a benefit claimant from New Zealand could afford to travel to America, but I can see the frustration in standing behind someone attempting to pay with something that doesn't exist.

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:02 am
Yeah! Like me trying to pay with money.
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:57 am
@Thomas33,
Heat.

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 05:40 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
There's a short story by Malcolm Bradbury about a group of people who try to stop murders set off by temperature. According to the story there's an optimum temperature for killings, any cooler then level heads prevail, any warmer and it's too much effort. They're staking out a particularly cantankerous man on the day the thermometers hit that temperature. I can't remember how it ends.
camlok

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:31 am
@roger,
Why do you persist so with your lunacies, Roger?

Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:59 am
Interesting!
I was thinking in more simple terms. He asked for a Universal explanation.
this came to mind:
https://media.giphy.com/media/pyjkV4FmQxog8/giphy.gif