Which of our political figures is most likely to be Satan?

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 08:46 pm
Clinton gets my nod.

Guess how you see Satan is important.

I see him as smooth, popular, easy to get along with, says all the right things, alluring, a compelling personality... It takes you a while to figure out you've been had.

The caricature of some outwardly evil persona doesn't fit Clinton--or my idea of Satan.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 08:47 pm
Finally someone on the right! Thank you Lash. I don't see your vote in the poll though.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:22 pm
I voted for Rove, but Cheney was a close second.

If you had only listed DeLay........<sigh>
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:41 pm
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, sheppards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children (Doctors).
And I will strike down upon thee with Great Vengence and Furious Anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother (John Edwards).
And you will know my name is the LORD when I lay my vengeance upon thee! (Pulp fiction)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:57 pm
Love the movie quote Bill.

Sorry, Eva, there are only a certain number of options you can put in a poll. I had a couple others like Condi Rice, Ashcroft, etc., but I couldn't fit them in there! Sorry.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 11:29 pm
Heehee - seems the devil, like so many things, is a damned Rorschach!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 11:31 pm
kickycan wrote:
dlowan wrote:
His name is Legion - for he is many....

Oooh, that's scary. So you're saying "all of the above"?

Actually, spookier than that. I think we see our own devil, mainly, when we see devils.....

I see some folk with whom I devoutly disagree in there - and whose policies I see as immoral and deeply damaging to the world - but no devils.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 07:58 pm
I've always seen the devil as some suave sophisticate, impeccably dressed with incredible diction and comportment...Perfect hair.

Not so tall (his one imperfection{ha}), on the thin side...the most well-read person in the room...incredibly superior intellectually, conversationally--but he'd never talk down to you. Because he wants to impress you. Without seeming to want to impress you...

Almost fastidious in his gentlemanly manners, and has an orgy in progress just behind the next door...subtley runs his tongue over his teeth while you talk to him...you don't see it...

Anyone else have a specific picture of Satan?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:01 pm
I didn't choose Clinton because I don't like him. Actually, I do like him--just don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth--

He just shares qualities with "my" Satan.
0 Replies