Parents doesn't seem to like my boyfriend

Kl5797

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 05:35 pm
Hi guys!

I'm Kate and I'm 19 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I'm a Filipina but migrated here like 2.5 years ago.

So here's the deal, my mom has a boyfriend and he's been great. Only he's a little strict and shut but he's nice. More than a year ago I introduced my boyfriend to them and at first they seemed happy for me.

My boyfriend tries to visit me at home but my parents doesn't seem to like it. I mean, he's almost graduating at school and he's really doing good with his life, he's respectful, he makes me happy and he's really loving. I am his princess and I can say that.

But my parents somehow doesn't really like him because he's a little clumsy and tries to have fun with them. The problem is that my parents are kinda perfectionist, they don't like people slamming the door (not really slamming but makes sounds or something), they don't like loud voices or whatever..

I even get frustrated because it seems like a prison here. Me and my boyfriend are really uncomfortable being with them.

I don't know what to do, it really makes me sad. We follow all rules that they told us and we do good jobs at school and work. But it doesn't seem to be enough. I do respect them and so do my boyfriend..

But it really saddens me that the situation is like this. How I wish it's different but it's not.

Do you guys have any tips how to resolve or help me or get over with this problem? Or is there somebody who has the same issue? It's so frustrating. Feels more prison than home.. Not being rebellious though. It just doesn't feel nice being here 😢
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,486 • Replies: 4
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 05:58 pm
How much longer do you intend living with your parents? Perhaps you could ask them how to make it better. They may not understand that they make you unhappy.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 06:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
I figure the parents are aware of her unhappiness.

0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:43 pm
@Kl5797,
Kl5797 wrote:

Hi guys!

I'm Kate and I'm 19 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I'm a Filipina but migrated here like 2.5 years ago.

So here's the deal, my mom has a boyfriend and he's been great. Only he's a little strict and shut but he's nice. More than a year ago I introduced my boyfriend to them and at first they seemed happy for me.

My boyfriend tries to visit me at home but my parents doesn't seem to like it. I mean, he's almost graduating at school and he's really doing good with his life, he's respectful, he makes me happy and he's really loving. I am his princess and I can say that.

But my parents somehow doesn't really like him because he's a little clumsy and tries to have fun with them. The problem is that my parents are kinda perfectionist, they don't like people slamming the door (not really slamming but makes sounds or something), they don't like loud voices or whatever..

I even get frustrated because it seems like a prison here. Me and my boyfriend are really uncomfortable being with them.

I don't know what to do, it really makes me sad. We follow all rules that they told us and we do good jobs at school and work. But it doesn't seem to be enough. I do respect them and so do my boyfriend..

But it really saddens me that the situation is like this. How I wish it's different but it's not.

Do you guys have any tips how to resolve or help me or get over with this problem? Or is there somebody who has the same issue? It's so frustrating. Feels more prison than home.. Not being rebellious though. It just doesn't feel nice being here 😢

Move out.

I think it's silly that they are so uptight but it's their home. They don't see that they are pushing you a way over something so trivial.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 03:32 pm
You're a Filipina and so is your mother. How about your mother's boyfriend and your boyfriend? If you're mother's boyfriend is Filipino or even Asian of some sort and your boyfriend is Dutch, maybe that's the reason.
0 Replies