Unfortunately so.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:03 pm
I know...it gets old
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:03 pm
willow ws trying to be polite to you...that was the point of the post....

BBB is a well respected and well thought of established member of the community......rarely if ever confrontational or irritating.....she sets a good example........you should study it......as should I I suppose.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:08 pm
the new Bear...why I don't recognize you bud!

I think we all missed the gist of Sullivan's editorial.
I happen to agree with the points he makes and I don't care if he's the municipal dog catcher of El Cajon, I'm still waiting for Reps to refute.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:08 pm
panzade wrote:
Where's the double standard?

I raise a question about the cut-&-paste postings of a particular poster, I'm told to step back. (Which I'm perfectly willing to do .... Smile )

But on September 30th, McGentrix performs a cut & paste (not a serial cut & paste flood, mind you), and he's "attacked" by Joe Republican, thusly:

Joe Republican wrote:
Instead of posting propaganda, why don't you try to get into a rational discussions on the debunking of your propaganda? Go to the Questions For Kerry thread and try to formulate a platform based on the reply instead of cut and pasting junk of crap websites.

McG has a respectable post count. Why is he not revered and protected like BBB? That is the question that comes to mind, and the double standard to which I refer.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:10 pm
Many apologies...McG's link was to page 7 or something...I'll go back and read that rascal JR's mud-toss
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:10 pm
Because BBB never attacks anyone or makes personally and purposefully abrasive or mean spirited remarks....quite simple.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:11 pm
panzade wrote:
the new Bear...why I don't recognize you bud!

I think we all missed the gist of Sullivan's editorial.
I happen to agree with the points he makes and I don't care if he's the municipal dog catcher of El Cajon, I'm still waiting for Reps to refute.

it's the same old me bud......
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:16 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
willow ws trying to be polite to you...that was the point of the post....

BBB is a well respected and well thought of established member of the community......rarely if ever confrontational or irritating.....she sets a good example........you should study it......as should I I suppose.....

Well, I understand willow ws was being polite. So was I. But I doubt that was the "point of the post." She had a point, I just wasn't sure what it was, hence my question for clarification.

My original point in response to BBB's posting was not to accuse her of being confrontational. I imagine she is not. I suspect she herself is not irritating, when dealt with on a one-to-one. Whether her flooding of posts to the forum is "irritating" is yet another question ... Nevertheless, it apparently is normal, expected, and certainly tolerated.

Even though I have surpassed the 114 post count, I acknowledge my "newbieness," and shall act accordingly. Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:17 pm
Ahhh...good to have you back.

OK, I'm throwin the flag for double standards. I'm penalizing myself by promising to read every word Tico posts for the next week with my head moving up and down.

Make you happy McG? :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:18 pm
Has anyone read the article posted by BBB at the beginning of this thread? It's quite interesting - much more supportive of Mr. Bush and his actions than I (for one) could be.

Pros and cons from someone with some good credentials - as a researcher, journalist and editor, not a politician or policy wonk. Worth looking at if you're interested in learning/thinking. Which is why I read it, in spite of my feelings about Mr. Bush.

BBB manages to dig up some articles offering different perspectives. It's usually worth taking a look at them.

A discussion based on an article, or other point of interest, is usually more valuable than a discussion of the pros and cons of a specific poster. (though there are some I would definitely love to slag Evil or Very Mad )
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:20 pm
ebeth yuo're fabulous...even with that stinky headwear.....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:22 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Because BBB never attacks anyone or makes personally and purposefully abrasive or mean spirited remarks....quite simple.

Mmm-hmm. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=362754#362754
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Tico, newbieness has nothing to do with it....I was one of the first 50 to join A2K and I continue to be one of the biggest pain in the asses here.........so do as I say not as I do Razz :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

eh?...huh?..i just posted a redirect to the gist of the article...did anybody read it? My suggestion?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:23 pm
McG - that was over a year ago, and BBB served her time.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:24 pm
let's don't fight or get defensive girls......I'm going to re read the article.......and get back on track....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:24 pm
pan - my post took a long time - i was away from my desk partway through - actually working Shocked
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:26 pm
OK a big breath AND

What are the merits or demerits of this treatsie?
0 Replies