I dont want to make a mistake

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:41 pm
Thanks for clearing that one up for me, Gus! Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:43 pm
That's what I'm here for.... to make everything crystal clear.

I am the god of clarity.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:44 pm
Absolutely! Without a doubt! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:46 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Cheney, during a town hall speech, warned the crowd that if John Kerry were elected there would be a very real possibility of the terrorists using a nuclear device in a major American city.

The following day during another speech Cheney made a reference to Kerry's insinuation that Bush would reinstate the draft. Looking at the crowd Cheney said something like, "This isn't the time to be using scare tactics"

Un.........friggin'...........believable!

panzade wrote:
I caught that too Gus. Was really what sent me over the edge of undecided falls.

The context of what Cheney said makes it clear to me that he was not saying that if Kerry was elected the danger was we would be attacked again, he was saying the danger was that we would be attacked again AND we would fall back into the pre-9/11 mind set and treat the attack as just a criminal act, and not an act of war.

Quote:
We made decisions at the end of World War II, at the beginning of the Cold War, when we set up the Department of Defense, and the CIA, and we created the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and undertook a bunch of major policy steps that then were in place for the next 40 years, that were key to our ultimate success in the Cold War, that were supported by Democrat and Republican alike -- Harry Truman and Dwight Eisenhower and Jack Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon and Gerry Ford and a whole bunch of Presidents, from both parties, supported those policies over a long period of time. We're now at that point where we're making that kind of decision for the next 30 or 40 years, and it's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on November 2nd, we make the right choice. Because if we make the wrong choice, then the danger is that we'll get hit again. That we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States, and that we'll fall back into the pre-9/11 mind set if you will, that in fact these terrorist attacks are just criminal acts, and that we're not really at war. I think that would be a terrible mistake for us.

Transcript link
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:16 pm
It must be a perception thing. I heard a distinct "vote for Kerry is a vote for another terrorist attack". A shameless use of scare tactics which, as a moderately intelligent man I resent.

And I can tell you with total clarity that that was when I'd had enough of Dick AND George
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:19 pm
kickycan wrote:
Seed, I don't know if this will help or not, but I always see which one of them has the hottest daughters, and vote for that guy. Right now the Bush twins have a slight edge in my unofficial nightly "polling".

LOL!!! Kerry's daughters were on Larry King last night. Very articulate...very well spoken...knowledgeable. You could tell they are so proud of their dad! Both very passionate in their support of him (as one would expect.)

The whole time I watched I couldn't help feeling just a bit sorry for them. All that hard work! Some of the days must have seemed endless. They are both bright women, though, so I'm sure their lives will adjust to the loss and continue in a most productive fashion.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:20 pm
Shocked Rolling Eyes That's it! Don't watch/listen to any of this nonsense, Seed!
Turn everything off & read the stuff from each party. Then make up your mind. Then turn everything back on again, confident that you can't be manipulated! Very Happy
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:24 pm
msolga wrote:
Shocked Rolling Eyes That's it! Don't watch/listen to any of this nonsense, Seed!
Turn everything off & read the stuff from each party. Then make up your mind. Then turn everything back on again, confident that you can't be manipulated! Very Happy

Good advice. This forum is indeed "The Spin Zone"...from both sides. You will most likely just get more confused. Look at both (or all) candidates and choose whichever one reflects your own personal beliefs.

As someone else said, you don't have much time. Good luck!!
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:35 pm
kickycan wrote:
Seed, I don't know if this will help or not, but I always see which one of them has the hottest daughters, and vote for that guy. Right now the Bush twins have a slight edge in my unofficial nightly "polling".

Did you miss the photo of Alexandra Kerry at Cannes last spring? http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/kerry.asp Or you just think the rowdy twins are more your type?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:43 pm
She looks a lot like her dad in that photo.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:55 pm
Seed, both men are saints according to the apostle Paul... Both men are evil according to the opposing side... Who should you vote for? The one that you feel you can support with your vote, silly. You need to go to both their sites and read their platforms. You need to note the things that matter to you most: view on the war in Iraq? Afghanistan? The economy? The environment? The deficit? International relationships? You need to think about where you stand in regards to all the topics you note as important, then you need to look at where the country is going now on those points, and where both candidates stand in relation to the topics. For example, is abortion murder? And is it worse than dying in a war we entered by being misled? Is same sex marriage evil and unnatural? Or not the business of government to say? Balancing the budget is good, but can either candidate do it? Can one outline a more believable plan than the other? Is it better to ban assault weapons- or wait until they are used and then punish the wrongful use of them? Et cetera et cetera. I did this and found myself much more in favor of Kerry than Bush. In addition, I've read about the neocons who are allegedly manipulating things behind the scene. (Look them up- if it is true what is said about them, they are scary and only stoppable by voting to stop their puppets and being informed about their shenanigans!) You have to decide things for yourself, seed, then vote based upon where you prefer your world to go. Do so knowing that neither will completely be compatible with your wishes, but one will emerge better than the other, if only you investigate them.

Best of luck! :wink: PP
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 10:03 pm
On second thought, Seed, I think Kicky gave you some excellent advice! :wink:

Laughing
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 10:08 pm
kickycan wrote:

I think the word you are looking for Kicky is "pulling" ..Polling is a noun..
while "pulling"is a verb and usually requires action... Shocked

1. To tug at; jerk or tweak.

Just trying to help :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 06:32 am
That's some funny stuff, willow. But you might have to explain it to kicky.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 07:21 am
My advice would be:

Vote for Kerry...and after 4 years of his administration...

...compare his accomplishments and our standing in the world with the accomplishments and our standing in the world after 4 years of the Bush administration...

...and then go out and celebrate the fact that you definitely did the right thing 4 years earlier.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 08:28 am
princesspupule wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Did you miss the photo of Alexandra Kerry at Cannes last spring? http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/kerry.asp Or you just think the rowdy twins are more your type?

Ooh, now it's a dead heat.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 08:59 am
What? Amy and Chelsea didn't do nuthin' for ya?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 09:01 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Has anyone seen the commercial where Bush and company try to scare the voters by using a pack of wolves to represent the terrorists? As the commercial comes to a close, the wolf pack rises in unison and begins to descend the hill, presumably to wreak havoc on America.

I was so terrified by that commercial that I momentarily lost my senses and decided to vote for Bush. But then I had a cold beer, calmed down a little, and started to think clearly again.

I saw it Gus. I think you'll like this...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37092
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 09:07 am
For seed,

http://www.issues2000.org/default.htm

I like this site a lot. Maybe it'll help you make your decision.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:25 am
Quote:
Bush hasn't done anything to be hated so much.

Laughing
0 Replies