I dont want to make a mistake

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 07:50 pm
Im of legal and able age to vote. Yet I do not know who to vote for. I sit here and read all these threads that scream one is evil and the other is a saint. Then i hear the exact opposite on another thread. Tonight I happened to be in Books-a-Million and picked up the new book by Michael Moore. I must say it sadden me to read it. I know Mr. Moore doesnt like Bush very much but that wasnt what made me said. It was the letters that were in the book. There were all from service members who HATED Bush. I dont mean hated like oh i hope you stub you toe hate, but like i want to rip out his guts and then feed it to him. All i know is that when i go to vote I want to be informed. I dont know where to find their platforms, and if i was I wouldnt know if they were hiding something. Can someone tell me their platforms? You dont have to give me a complete run down but something is better then nothing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,888 • Replies: 39
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 07:52 pm
www.johnkerry.com

www.georgewbush.com

Cheesecake and smooches if you vote Kerry. Plus you know little things like a better world for everyone... :-)

Do you have any specific questions?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 07:53 pm
Bush is for raping the planet.

Kerry is an environmental champion.

(That covers that issue. I'll leave the others for the others. )
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 07:54 pm
First off...remember that MM has an agenda so his letters were picked for maximum effect. I'm sure there are plenty of servicemen who feel their fight is for a good cause. Then you need to try and distill each platform to see what is important to you. But you'd better hurry up...time's a wasting!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 07:55 pm
http://www.democrats.org/
http://www.rnc.org/
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 07:57 pm
Seed-- I think it's great that you want to make an informed choice. It will be hard to get an unbiased opinion here.

Somebody laid down a fabulous "policy soundbite" piece around here. I'll see if I can find it.

Bush hasn't done anything to be hated so much. Its just partisan politics in the extreme.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 07:59 pm
Don't listen to Lash seed..she's an embittered former Democrat with an axe to grind. :wink:

I think the soundbite was in a thr....I'll look too. It was excellent
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:03 pm
Lash wrote:
..Bush hasn't done anything to be hated so much. Its just partisan politics in the extreme.

Shocked I'm gobsmacked by that statement, Lash. Ask an Iraqi their view.!

Seed, read the policies & stay away from hot headed debates for a bit. Smile That'll make things a bit clearer for you.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:05 pm
Still looking...
<slaps panzade, runs real fast>
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:09 pm
Has anyone seen the commercial where Bush and company try to scare the voters by using a pack of wolves to represent the terrorists? As the commercial comes to a close, the wolf pack rises in unison and begins to descend the hill, presumably to wreak havoc on America.

I was so terrified by that commercial that I momentarily lost my senses and decided to vote for Bush. But then I had a cold beer, calmed down a little, and started to think clearly again.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:13 pm
What has happened to make you guys think so evil about Kerry or Bush?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:15 pm
Depends on which Iraqi you talk to, gobsmacked one.

There are plenty Iraqis who are relieved to live free. I know things there aren't great--but few would choose oppression under a dictator, who kept you poor--over freedom, even if you aren't completely safe.

They weren't safe under Saddam, either. But, now they have a chance to live a self-directed life. I don't know how anyone would prefer oppression.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:16 pm
Very Happy

I read about that, Gus! I'd love to see it. Talk about the kettle calling the pot black .....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:19 pm
That commercial is a lot like Reagan's Bear commercial when he was running against Carter. Bear/wolves, symbolic of our threats.

We DO have threats...though, I guess some prefer to ignore them.
-----------
Seed,
To answer your question, I don't think Kerry is evil. I just don't think he's President material, or a principled man. Don't wish him any harm, or anything.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:19 pm
Seed--

I'm glad to meet a real Undecided Voter.

Remember, a lot of people over the age of 18 aren't grown up--but they can yell with enormous enthusiasm.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:26 pm
msolga wrote:
I read about that, Gus! I'd love to see it. Talk about the kettle calling the pot black .....

It's a hilarious commercial, msolga. But your pot calling the kettle black statement reminded me of another incident.

Cheney, during a town hall speech, warned the crowd that if John Kerry were elected there would be a very real possibility of the terrorists using a nuclear device in a major American city.

The following day during another speech Cheney made a reference to Kerry's insinuation that Bush would reinstate the draft. Looking at the crowd Cheney said something like, "This isn't the time to be using scare tactics"

Un.........friggin'...........believable!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:29 pm
I caught that too Gus. Was really what sent me over the edge of undecided falls.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:34 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
msolga wrote:

It's a hilarious commercial, msolga. But your pot calling the kettle black statement reminded me of another incident.

Cheney, during a town hall speech, warned the crowd that if John Kerry were elected there would be a very real possibility of the terrorists using a nuclear device in a major American city.

The following day during another speech Cheney made a reference to Kerry's insinuation that Bush would reinstate the draft. Looking at the crowd Cheney said something like, "This isn't the time to be using scare tactics"

Un.........friggin'...........believable!

Looks like it's anything goes time, Gus! There should be some REALLY interesting comments & advertisements coming up! Shocked

Ah, so it's the POT that calls the kettle black? I always get these things mixed up! Confused
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:36 pm
Seed, I don't know if this will help or not, but I always see which one of them has the hottest daughters, and vote for that guy. Right now the Bush twins have a slight edge in my unofficial nightly "polling".
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:37 pm
msolga wrote:
Ah, so it's the POT that calls the kettle black? I always get these things mixed up!

Six of one, half a dozen of another.

( or something like that -- it might be half a dozen of one, six of the other )
0 Replies