Girlfriend did coke knowing how i feel and it still bothers me

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 09:05 am
my mom was a drug addict my whole chldhood and that really took a toll on me even now as an adult, i have told her all of this. she told me shes done coke in the past before we were dating and didnt like it. Earlier this week i went to look something up on her phone and there was an existing tab saying "what to do on coke alone" i asked her about it, disgusted, and she told me she was trying to show her friend that every website says not to do coke alone, i believed her. the next day at work one of my coworkers who is friends with the people she was hanging with that weekend blatantly told me "i hope you know your girlfriend did coke" i texted her about it and she kept lying about it and finally i told her the sad thing is even if you did id still love you and she finally told me she did it. we fought and fought and finally resolved it but it still disgusts me and i still think about it. i dont know what to do i need help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,570 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 09:37 am
@vconfuseda,
You might end up pushing her a way. If she wants to do it, shes only learning that she needs to be more secret with it. The evidence you had only compels her to not leave a trail.

I find it interesting that you had an addict mother and are dating this girl who wants to do coke. Think about this, its not that common yet you have found the one person who would reflect your mother.

You must be drawn to a certain character type that has heavy drug use as it's basis. If you were so anti drug why not find someone who is just as anti about them?

This is always going to be an issue and she might resent you or if you reach a snag in the relationship it might be something she does because she knows you won't like it.

I say you are playing with fire dating her. Even though I think all drugs should be legal.
vconfuseda

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 09:48 am
@Krumple,
this is where i gets complicated, i smoke pot & have done acid & mdma so i feel like im being hypocritical. but i also do it in moderation and coke was what my mother was addicted to, and pills.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:04 pm
@vconfuseda,
You have a double standard and are upset ONLY because she does a drug which you associate bad memories with.

Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.

No advice. Just be aware of what you are doing.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:30 pm
@vconfuseda,
vconfuseda wrote:

this is where i gets complicated, i smoke pot & have done acid & mdma so i feel like im being hypocritical. but i also do it in moderation and coke was what my mother was addicted to, and pills.

Yeah after mentioning this you really don't have a case. I was assuming you were anti-drug. You are just biased for coke and pills.

What if it was flipped around? Your gf had a pothead dad and it gave her bad childhood memories, would you stop smoking it for her? If you say no then really you have no honest reason to tell her she can't do coke. Its irrelevant the degree of the drug.
0 Replies