What's my best move here?

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 07:12 pm
I was friends with this girl for about a year, we were romantically involved for about a month but she had her own issues so we decided to just be friends. It was a good friendship, we always had a good time when we hung out. Occasionally she would have these outbursts where she would get really upset over something I did (e. g., didn't talk to her for a week, was quiet when we hung out) and I always found her reaction of name calling and threatening that our friendship wasn't sustainable with my "negligent" behavior to be a little extreme but I always just owned up to what I did and we moved on. There came a point where I started to think that she was really flirty, but I knew she wasn't ready for a relationship and I don't have casual sex with friends (personal choice) so I never reciprocated. Plus, I was interested in another girl at the time. Things with that girl didn't work out when I realized that I had feelings for my friend, and I told her this and she said "thanks for being honest with me". I took her response to mean that she didn't feel the same, and I accepted it and continued to be her friend. Shortly after, this other girl hit me up again and I decided to go hang out with her. My friend hit me up while I was with her asking what I was doing - at this point I should point out that the two weeks prior to this I hadn't had a lot of free time and had declined my friend's offers to hang out. Anyway, nothing happened between me and the other girl and text conversation with my friend had continued on as normal after that. We made plans to hang out but the day we were going to she texted me that she didn't like being my friend. It was a painful thing to process so I didn't respond for a week, after which I told her that I was hurt by that, but respected her decision and told her I was available to her in case she changed her mind. My question is - what are some possible reasons that my friend decided to end the friendship out of nowhere? And what's my best move here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 937 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 07:36 pm
live your life.
If she contacts you again (and she will) say ..... nothing.
joe(she's trouble)nation
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 08:55 pm
@Joe Nation,
nods
0 Replies

Markthewhark

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 01:06 pm
@Joe Nation,
Thanks, Joe. Any particular reason why you think so? Just for clarity's sake.
Olivia-Bailey

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 11:02 pm
Ok so I am in 6th grade and have a huge crush on this guy, I don't know if he likes me back and we sort of have a frenemy relationship. I am also not his friends favorite and at the middle school dance his friends were trying to convince him not to dance with me, I danced with him anyway and am nervous for my classmates reaction. My entire grade thinks he has a crush on this one girl but i'm pretty sure he likes me because in science class he wrote an 'i love you' message in an arduino LCD board (basically a screen u can write things on) but then some days he acts like he hates me. Here's my problem: basically I don't want to be hurt if he doesn't have a crush on me, but I like him, What do I do?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 10:13 am
@Markthewhark,
If one of my friends accused me of 'negligent behaviour' it would have to be something really big, not turning up at a parent's funeral or leaving them a long way from home when they relied on me for a lift. If your 'negligent behaviour' is in that league fair enough, if not your 'friend' is a high maintenance narcissist who will bring you nothing but misery. It's just not worth it, even if she is ******* gorgeous, let some other poor sap deal with it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 10:15 am
@Olivia-Bailey,
You can be his girlfriend on the sly, obviously he loves you, but not enough to let his friends know. Or you could develop some self respect and hang out with someone who's not embarrassed to be seen with you in public.
0 Replies