How do I save marriage after cheating?

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:13 am
First of all let me say that I love my wife. We have now been together for 10 years, our sex life was great until we actually got married 5 years ago. At that point sex stopped...we have sex now once a year, usually in October. I have tried to talk to my wife on countless occasions about our lack of sex, but whenever I bring it up she shuts down. I have asked her to go to couples therapy, but to no avail. I recently found out that a woman at work was having the same problems with her husband. We were at a corporate function one night, talking, one thing led to another, and the next thing we knew we were in the back of her car kissing. We stopped at that, however now all I can think about is the other woman. I love my wife, but I also am a human being that has a sex drive. The other woman is of the same thought, but neither of us want to carry on with an affair. Can anyone give me some advice? Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 577 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 06:57 am
skelyngton--

Welcome to A2K.

Why does your wife refuse Couples Therapy? Will she talk with you about your sex life?

As for your moment of mad passion resist the urge to confess. That's your memory, your responsibility, your guilt.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 07:02 am
Quote:
We have now been together for 10 years, our sex life was great until we actually got married 5 years ago. At that point sex stopped...we have sex now once a year, usually in October.

skelyngton- Welcome to A2K? Very Happy What happened that there was such an abrupt change in your sex life after your marriage? Usually these changes are gradual, unless there is an acute problem that brings about the change.

It does not make sense that a person who has been wanting sex, and enjoying it, all of a sudden turns off, unless something precipitated the change. Think about it!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 12:43 pm
Are children involved?
0 Replies