Why don't I have any friends?

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 02:46 am
I got into a relationship about 2 years ago, a very serious one at that. Why didn't any of my friends stick around? Now they are generally mean to me, ignore me, etc. I never abandoned them because of my relationship either, I always tried to check up on them eventhough they werent being friendly, and worried about them and still care about them. It's even hard for me to make new friends. I can be socially awkward and consider myself a loner/introvert, but sometimes I wish I had at least one friend to talk to other than my boyfriend. I'm a generally nice person, sometimes too nice and get walked all over but please, no rude answers or judgmental answers. I really can't figure out why I have no friends! I'm willing to also answer any questions anyone may have to help answer this. I'm only 18, I am a bartender and I don't party or anything. I enjoy outdoor adventures and video games. I'm not a bitch, I'm the exact opposite. I can be very open and friendly, after I warm up to someone. Also tips on making friends would be helpful. I was a cheerleader and very athletic up until 9th grade, then I got into partying and hanging around the wrong people. I pulled myself out of that when I met my boyfriend and for two years havent done any partying. I just dont understand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 987 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 03:19 am
@zeldaprincess666,
Your'e to young...just one word of advise, don't rush looking for them.
zeldaprincess666

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 03:20 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
too young for friends?
Blickers

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 03:26 am
@zeldaprincess666,
If you pulled yourself out of partying and possibly drug life, and your friends are still doing those things, you probably will not be considered part of their circle anymore. Plus, in your late teens, two years is considered a very long time, since we change so much from year to year at that age.

When you get to your mid twenties, two years won't seem like such a long time, but at your age it is a very long time indeed.

Two questions:
A. What country are you from?

B. When you changed your partying ways, did you go through any rehab or some program to do it, or did you do it entirely on your own?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 03:31 am
@zeldaprincess666,
To young to wait. To young to recognise the right ones and to worried...
0 Replies

zeldaprincess666

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 03:56 am
@Blickers,
I am from PA. No I did not go to rehab. I drank and smoked weed a lot, but was able to get away from it because my boyfriend was in recovery from drug addiction when I met him.
Blickers

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 07:23 pm
@zeldaprincess666,
If your friends are still drinking and smoking weed a lot, you no doubt fell out of their group. Plus, between the ages of 15 to 18-high school years-young people get into different tracks. There's the college track kids, the the party/drug kids, the art kids, and all the rest. And those groups become further subdivided.

Just because you went to elementary school and junior high with some people doesn't mean you're still going to be close through high school and after. If your friends are still partying and doing drugs a lot, the fact is that even though you've tried to keep in touch, you actually moved on from them two years ago. Do you have any plans to go farther in your education?
0 Replies

MDMX

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2017 08:06 am
It could be your boyfriend, you mention he’s in recovery,a lot of people find that dealing with people who have issues hard, maybe they think you’ve taken on too much with him and are possibly aloof because of this ?

I think it’s harder making friends the older you get, i seem to make friends fairly easily but then i keep a distance socially these days,so when i don’t interact with people outside of work don’t go drinking don’t go partying anymore really, then these people pull away from me because i don’t go down certain avenues anymore.
0 Replies