Cheesehead Central

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 03:29 pm
@sozobe,
Unless one is a Packer fan the game was a snore.
Much more exciting was the Buffalo-Giants game.

I gotta give Aaron credit. He's about the best quarterback I've ever watched.
patiodog

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 03:35 pm
@panzade,
I haven't heard any talk about how they should have let Favre come back in a while...

Go NorCal.
panzade

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 03:53 pm
@patiodog,
I noticed that too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 06:38 pm
That was WAY more exciting than it needed to be but man what a game!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 06:46 am
This pass was just... wow...

http://media.jsonline.com/images/490*600/mjs-packers07-31-of-hoffman.jpg-packers07.jpg
http://media.jsonline.com/images/650*455/james1104111.jpg
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 10:12 am
Jordy's TD catch was pretty crazy too. In the sense that, on these back shoulder fades, Aaron is throwing the ball well before the receivers know it's coming. They just turn their heads and the magic football is right there.

I know that's how it's supposed to work in the NFL, but for GB, the timing has been impeccable this first half.
sozobe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 10:30 am
@Gargamel,
I know!

There were signs of a little too much complacency in the Chargers game -- lots of laughing and joking around when they had the 21-pt lead, and then hey whoopsie -- so that's something they need to be careful about. But they seem to be in a really good place in general. Definitely fun to watch.

Gargamel wrote:
They just turn their heads and the magic football is right there.

Great phrase.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 11:07 am
It's got to be incredibly frustrating to play against Rodgers. As I heard an analyst on TV say the other day - there is no such thing as 'coverage' when you're playing against him.

Cycloptichorn
patiodog

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 11:38 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't think he's that great. Sheesh, 5 incomplete passes to only 4 touchdowns? For shame!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 12:39 pm
@Gargamel,
Quote:
the magic football is right there.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/18/129110186640994415.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 07:38 am
Couldn't watch last night, dammit. Catching up with the Milwaukee Journal photo album, which is always really good. My favorite picture this week:

http://media.jsonline.com/images/635*600/mjs-packers15_-spt_-lynn_-12-packers15.jpg

Aaron Rodgers and backup quarterback Matt Flynn celebrating Flynn's TD. (The Packers were so far ahead they took out Rodgers for a rest... I assume! He doesn't seem hurt.)

So what do you guys think of the "perfect season" chatter? Possible? Impossible? Distracting?
George

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 08:00 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
. . . So what do you guys think of the "perfect season" chatter? Possible?
Impossible? Distracting?
Who's gonna beat them?
sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 08:03 am
@George,
Themselves, pretty much. They keep jumping out to big leads then standing around congratulating themselves as the other team claws back, then having a "whoa!" moment and having to save the game. Which they've done, so far, but they're making it way harder than it needs to be.

Looks like they broke out of that pattern last night though, which is good.
Gargamel

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 09:54 am
You know things are going well when the backup quarterback is Lambeau Leaping.

This is fun.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 11:07 am
@sozobe,
My biggest problem is with the Offense line. They are allowing to many defenders through to get a hit on Rogers. I think he has been sacked 8 times in the last 8 games. If anything is going to beat the Pack it will have to do with Rogers getting hurt.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 11:13 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

My biggest problem is with the Offense line. They are allowing to many defenders through to get a hit on Rogers. I think he has been sacked 8 times in the last 8 games. If anything is going to beat the Pack it will have to do with Rogers getting hurt.

I think it's more sacks than that even.

But it's hard to fault the O-line, Rodgers has the best numbers in the league by a country mile - 28 tds and only 3 INT's on the year (!) is a ridiculously good stat line. Highest passer rating, longest average pass. He wouldn't be getting numbers like that without the o-line doing a good job.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 12:14 pm
@Gargamel,
Aw, he did a Leap?

I missed that.

I love how Cobb seems motivated by the chance to Leap more than anything else. He's been way better at home games, seems like. (Yes, he muffed the one punt return, but otherwise was awesome.)
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 12:30 pm
@sozobe,

they should drop a game -- maybe the 2nd to last game of the year.

watching the Pates in '07, i've always wondered if the pressure of keeping the undefeated streak going
eventually took it's toll on them in the super bowl...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 02:43 pm
@sozobe,
Cobb's next return after the muff was absolutely vicious. The man was motivated.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:44 am
I know, little girl, I know. That's why I stopped being a Vikings fan 20 years ago. Come to the light. It's nice over here.

0 Replies