Cheesehead Central

panzade

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 01:05 pm
Hey , stompin the hapless Skins is no cause for celebration...this one's a gimmee
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 01:33 pm
the scuttlebutt is that if the skins lose bush loses.....therefore this is an important game for the packer to win.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 01:33 pm
the scuttlebutt is that if the skins lose bush loses.....therefore this is an important game for the packers to win.....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 01:36 pm
What do you mean Panz? Coming into today; they had the best defese in the NFL... and they do look good... but not good enough to stop the mighty Packers! Cool

How about them Vikings Gus? Razz
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 01:37 pm
where are you Bear?...at The Dew Drop Inn?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 01:43 pm
you're full of it as usual Bill...the best defense...oh yeah...so nobody has scored more than 17 points against them so far?...big deal...they can't get a first down to save their lives.

Vikings are killing my bets...what the hell is going on?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 01:53 pm
panzade wrote:
you're full of it as usual Bill...the best defense...oh yeah...so nobody has scored more than 17 points against them so far?...big deal...they can't get a first down to save their lives.

Vikings are killing my bets...what the hell is going on?

As usual when someone makes such a claim about me; you're wrong. Click here. :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 02:04 pm
I'm not getting this one, grr... Stupid bowling on ESPN.

Will have to rely on Yahoo.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 02:06 pm
You're a little tense Bill....soz, how about givin my pal a little shoulder rub?

Kiss kiss Bill...I'll talk to you on Wednesday.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 03:23 pm
WOO-HOOO!!!!!

On all counts. (Packers win, and supposed meaning of Washington loss...)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 03:33 pm
Sorry you couldn't watch, Soz. We got away with one there. Coach Sherman pulled back the aggressiveness a bit too early, and a bad call late in the game may well have been what saved us. Their pathetic offense made our D look better than it is. Our offense, on the other hand, performed very well considering the opposition and the luck factor. The skins earned 3 turnovers and Brett gave them a forth. Winning games when you lose the turnover battle is a difficult thing to do.

Brett smacked his hand, again, and that may have affected his accuracy in the second half. Luckily, he has two weeks for it to either heal or for him to get used to it.

Overall Grade: B+. Pity the fool who looks past us... but that's kind of a silly statement... because no one will. :wink:

Go Packers!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 04:50 pm
I just read that his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer three weeks ago, and that it's been (obviously) a major source of emotional turmoil for him.

She's pretty young, hope she gets through this OK.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 05:07 pm
That's some serious sh!t. That's what got my mom. I do hope they caught it real early and I'm sure she'll get the best care money can buy... but that's still gotta be a tough on anyone.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 05:12 pm
Not to mention his father dying less than a year ago and his wifes brother getting killed in an ATV accident not too long ago on Brett's property. From what I have heard.....they caught the cancer early, thank God. They expect her to recover. Still.....

Talk about stress!

GO PACKERS
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 08:12 pm
Good to see you Brooklyn! I hope all is well.

Go Packers!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 08:51 pm
(((((BILL)))) .... Good to see you too!

And I'm doin' okie.......just been extra busy as of late. And dealing with a few things on a personal level.

But always smiling Very Happy or trying to

GO PACKERS
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:33 pm
Occom Bill, being his normal obnoxious self, wrote:
How about them Vikings Gus?

Actually, Bill, while I have favored the Vikings in the past, particularly because of their ability to beat the Packers on a consistent basis, I have had an experience which has soured me on the Vikings and caused me to look elsewhere for a representative worthy of my attention. You see, Bill, while perusing the various newspapers across the country via the internet this morning, I stumbled across this...

http://www.foxnews.com/images/143146/18_2_103004_bush_vikings_300.jpg

So, no more Viking allegiance for Mr. Ratzenhofer. I will now divide my allegiance equitably between all future opponents of the Packers.

Unless, of course, the Packer opponent has given George W. Bush a team jersey.

In that case, I'll simply drive over to Sozobe's and watch bowling with her.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:39 am
That's cool, Gus, but next time could you take your annual shower before you come over? Please?

(Wondering if my dad the rabid Viking fan and rabid Bush-hater's head is exploding...)

(And hope things smoothe out for you, Brooke...)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:44 am
How about if I pass on the shower and just sit a little further away from you?

Would that work?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:50 am
Well with this cold I've got I couldn't smell a dead skunk festering in a trashcan, so yeah, I guess that would be fine.
0 Replies