Gargamel, will the Vikings beat the Pack?

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:27 pm
We might be without Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, and Jared Allen. Combine that with the absence of E.J. Henderson and our defense is pretty well depleted.

If the Pack does manages to eke out a victory under those circumstances will you feel as if the victory rings hollow?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 9,932 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:33 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
No victory over the Vikes ever rings hollow. The Dome has historically been a very difficult place for the Pack to win, opponent injuries or no. Sunday will be a good litmus test for both teams to see where they're really at. I think both have a chance at finishing the season above .500.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:36 pm
@Gargamel,
I expected something more vitriolic. You almost seem civil.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:37 pm
I will be there, by the way. Second deck, forty five yard line, first row. Handsome fellow with a beard and a leather headband.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:39 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
I've spent all my vitriol today on the usual suspects. It's hard work.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:40 pm
@Gargamel,
I hear you, brother. H2OMan makes the cheeseheads seem human.
Gargamel

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:44 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
See, the only retort I presently have in my arsenal is something like, "Dykes suck." Or, "I hate the Vi-queens."

Not very clever. I've got a reputation to uphold here. You know how it goes.

It's almost 3:00. My mind needs rest. Some sushi. Half a bottle of wine. Two cups of coffee.

And I'll be back to kick some ass if need be.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:44 pm
You didn't ask my opinion, Gus, but I am very familiar with the division in which these two teams play. On realjohnboy's NFL thread I already picked the Packers to win. (This game does not really matter, but I will watch my TV to catch a glimpse of you in the stands.)
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:50 pm
@wandeljw,
I thought we were friends, wandel. You picked the Pack? You may as well have driven an epee into my mid-section and smiled as you turned the blade.
dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:51 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

You look as full of it as ever to me.

Wink
wandeljw

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:51 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Sorry, Gus. I can still change my pick to save our friendship!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 03:01 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Gargamel wrote:

Wink

Don't test me, rabbit.
dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 03:30 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Gargamel wrote:

Wink

Don't test me, rabbit.

Pokes the jug....
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 04:20 pm
OH NO! Vikings win in an absolutely crazy game.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 07:26 pm
I will tell you what, wandel; had that field goal by Mason been good at the end of the game, costing the Vikings the game (presumably, when you factor in the time left) that would have been one of the greatest injustices in the history of the league. The Vikings totally dominated the Packers and Aaron Rodgers looked like a frightened wildebeest on the Serengeti Plain, constantly running for his life from the predators of the gridiron . The right team emerged victorious and I have to feels sorry for Gargamel for being subjected to such abuse.

Occom Bill, however, elicits no sympathy from me whatsoever. I enjoy the vision of him suffering.
wandeljw

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 07:34 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Were you actually at the game, Gus?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 07:44 pm
No, I was too hungover and gave the tickets to my brother. I have the opportunity to go to any game, but generally go to only the late ones. When the games are at noon, I like to set my alarm for 11:58 -- just enough time to grab a beer and a pretzel from the icebox and roll downstairs. I hit the power button on the remote and generally the opening kickoff is in the air.

0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 07:50 pm
http://www.barenforum.org/blog/images/Serengeti.Plain.jpg

This is the image Aaron Rodgers had in his mind as he was racing across the end zone, trying to escape the advance of Jared Allen. "If only I can make it to that tree maybe I can hide", he thought, but seconds later he was crushed by Allen and his image of safety vanished like the Packers' offensive line.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:42 am
Congratulations, Gus, you sonofabitch.

Your Vikings eeked out a one-point victory that would not have been had someone taught Aaron Rodgers how to throw the ball out-of-*******-bounds.

Quite a contrast to the complete ass-whipping the Pack administered earlier this season.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 04:02 pm
@Gargamel,
I'm sorry you had to suffer, Gargamel. Perhaps, with time, the pain will abate. And, who knows, perhaps we will meet again this year. Stranger things have happened.

But, until then, my friend, work on that healing process and try to become whole once again.
0 Replies