Cheesehead Central

hingehead

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 04:58 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
The game wasn't on here (Browns were on instead)

What a weird world we live in - it was on the big screen at Yorkeys Knob Boating Club. No-one was watching.

But I thought of this thread as I walked past
sozobe

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 05:40 pm
@hingehead,
Ha! I'm jealous of your access.

I'm sure the game was on somewhere in Columbus, but Fox often (I don't think always) has two games going in each Sunday time slot (1-4 EST, 4-7 EST), and the one that shows here is the more local one (or if there isn't a local one, the more interesting one).

The Cleveland Browns are one of three local teams (the other two are the Cincinnati Bengals and the Pittsburgh Steelers, I know Pittsburgh isn't in Ohio but it's close enough that a lot of people root for 'em). So the Browns booted the Packers off the local Fox airwaves. Phooey.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 05:43 pm
@hingehead,
most sports oriented bars here buy a package that allows them to show any or all games. for a price...

all we get here locally is chefs and da bears. and occasionally the donkeys...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 07:06 pm
@Rockhead,
Patriots, Giants, and Jets here...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 05:53 pm
@sozobe,
I just found out that Alex Green got hurt. UGH! Just when the running game was coming together.
sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 08:27 am
@sozobe,
However... Ryan Grant! Wow! Just watched his Lambeau Leap, awwwwwww!

And DuJuan Harris!

Yet again, the game wasn't shown here. Steelers-Bengals game was on, bah. So catching up this morning, looks like it was a fun one. Fervently hoping that Randall Cobb is OK.

The Packers-Vikings game next week BETTER be on. Packers are in the playoffs no matter what, and earn a #2 seed and first-round bye if they beat the Vikes.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 08:43 am
@sozobe,
I had the packers D in one league...There were doing amazing...till they gave up a td but it was a solid performance...
sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 08:57 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
It was!

I read something about Clay Matthews being really careful about not coming back until he was actually ready to go. Good for him.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 09:04 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
The Packers-Vikings game next week BETTER be on
check with your cable company.

they might allow you to order that game without having to sign up for their entire NFL package...
sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 10:29 am
@Region Philbis,
I'm pretty sure it will be, there was something about it being moved to a more prominent, nationally-viewed spot because of the importance of the game. But I'll check, thanks for the tip! Never thought that might be an option.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 07:15 pm
Ouch.

The Packers will certainly be motivated next week, anyway. Plus will have home field advantage. And hopefully will have Cobb back.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 04:19 am
@sozobe,
Yeah bad loss...I was hoping that if the pack lost Peterson would break the record... Sad

Sux to think about all the nine yard runs he lost on holding penalties...Or nine 1 yard runs...
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 07:07 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

he said all the right things after the game.

football is a team effort; players are discouraged from touting their own stats and records...
Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 07:14 am
@Region Philbis,
Peterson is purely a class act. I loved watching that game but it's too bad Packers lost. Talk about him being a difference maker.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 07:23 am
@Region Philbis,
It sure would have been cool if he did though, huh?

Since he worked hard, and could have won and broke the record...

I think it is nice to see someone shoot for the stars, than just being content...

But I get your point, the win was what the team needed...And not just about personal stats...
sozobe

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:01 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Yeah. I was hoping he'd get the record and the Pack would win.

Turned out to be the other way 'round.

That was a rough game. It probably was the right idea to sit out Randall Cobb but there were so many adjustments going on with formerly injured people back and Cobb out. Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings both did really well though.

DuJuan Harris was impressive too, he's one of those guys who just keeps chugging even after it seems like he should be down.

And now a rematch on the frozen tundra on Saturday! (Playoff game is 8 PM EST on January 5th). Oof. Fingers crossed...
sozobe

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:04 am
@sozobe,
Oh and evidently Alex Green will be back, too! That would be nice.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/31/3821216/nfl-injury-report-nfc-north-week-17-green-bay-packers-minnesota-vikings

Lambeau Field in January, it's gonna be cold no matter what. The running game will probably matter a lot.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:41 am
@sozobe,
Yeah much different than playing in a dome...in Minn...

I think it will be a much different game in GB....
sozobe

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 12:19 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I hope so!

The problem is that even though they play in a dome, the Vikings' offensive game -- fantastic running back, OK quarterback -- works better in cold weather than ours. (Fantastic quarterback, OK running backs.)

Anyway, fingers crossed.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:02 am
EEeeeee!

Charles Woodson! Clay Matthews! Greg Jennings! Randall Cobb! The Packers are getting back to full speed at a very good moment.

I know that the Vikes were extra-pitiful without Ponder (poor Vikes), but lots of cylinders seemed to be churning for the Packers. Really like DuJuan Harris, he's got that extra oomph, just keeps going.

As far as I can tell, Jordy Nelson was the only injury last night, and he was laughing about it for some reason. Just looked around and can't find a thing about it. Maybe it wasn't bad. Fingers crossed....