in need of guidance

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 05:07 pm
A few days ago i saw my mate in the pub and talked to her about my other mate (ex-g.friend) who had just lost her b-friend. she was coming up to stay for a couple of days whilst my parents were away. I told this pub-mate that i dont want anything to happen between me and my ex, and she said good because that would be taking advantage of her. WHICH IS ENTIRELY CORRECT. Now mate3 sent me a message on fri saying to go for it and try my luck with her. Now i cant remember telling mate3 that her b.friend had passed away, i wish to god that i had now as it may explain what has happened since... She sent me another message sunday eve, telling me i'm a sorry excuse for a man etc, and she wants me to leave her alone etc... now if i didnt tell her about my ex's b.friend passing away then i'm thinkin that mate2 MAY have said something. I did say to mate2 that she could tell mate 3 when mate3 came bk off holiday, i'm assuming she told her everything that i told her! I've tried to ring her but she keeps cutting the call, i sent her a message saying is whatever i've done that bad you cant even talk 2 me? she said yes, i replied saying i know she's angry with me for some reason and that i'll contact her mon morning i'm confused and dont want to lose her as a friend, my sis says to leave her be and ignore her, but i dont want to do that really. I want her to let me talk to her and try and sort things out. i dont know whether to ring her or contact her or what?? it's just over the weekend that it's turned sour... whether she's been drinking or wot i dont know.... please help me...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 567 • Replies: 9
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 05:24 pm
I would call up mate3 and mate4 and talk over the possibility of once again seeing mate5.

It's the only logical solution to a very messy problem.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 05:29 pm
Roy - she's probably too angry to listen to you right now. Let her cool off a bit - you might be able to talk to her in a week or so - or if she contacts you. Pushing things with someone who's angry rarely goes well.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 05:32 pm
Now let's just sit here quietly, Beth, and wait for Roy to return. I'm willing to wager he's going to take my advice over yours.

Not that yours isn't good or anything, it's just that I have more experience in these matters.
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 05:40 pm
i dont know what you mean by seeing mate 3 and 4 and 5???
Perhaps your right ehbeth, my sis says to let her mull it over and let her contact me. My sis said that she's either:
a) Jealous... no reason to be as she's pretty much engaged.
b) She's found that i haven't told her that my ex's bf had passed away and shes angry that i didnt correct her when she told me to go for it.
c) Time of month.
similar thing happened before a few months ago but we got through that on the same night. And it was nothing to do with my ex, i am genuinely concerned as she is a fab mate and i dont want to lose her....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 05:42 pm
I owe you a quarter, Beth.
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 05:56 pm
you think i should leave her be ehbeth?
won't she think "Forget him then" if i dont ring her mon morning? Help..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 07:07 pm
Thanks for the quarter, gus.

Roy, I wouldn't have suggested letting it alone for a bit if I didn't mean it. I'm sure you know that people often say things they don't mean when they're very upset. Sometimes they are then too proud or embarassed to step back from what they've said.

Is there a way to get a message to her without you talking to her yourself? Just letting her know that you'd like to talk, know she's upset, don't want to make her more upset and angry, and would like her to get in touch.

Everybody's different, but I know that if I'm pushed when I'm angry, the discussion is unlikely to go well for anyone.
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:31 am
I could send her a text saying that i'm here if she wants to speak 2 me... it's just weird why 48 hrs ago we were fine and now it's like this.
I should let her know that i'm available to talk to then ehbeth?
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 04:45 am
Are you still there ehbeth?
0 Replies