DT and Sweden

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 06:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

McGentrix wrote:
The world knows what is going on in Sweden.
Correct. (Especially those, who have relatives there like I have, or who go there for their holidays, or who study there)
But why do you and others ignore this world knowledge?

Like New York City, right? No crime there because the people that go vacation there or have family there or study there never see it so it must not exist.

Go stick you head back in the sand.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:28 pm
@McGentrix,
I have been to New York City, but I don't have relatives there.
My relatives in Sweden live in Södertälge, Jönköping and the surrounding regions.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:34 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I have been to New York City, but I don't have relatives there.
My relatives in Sweden live in Södertälge, Jönköping and the surrounding regions.

When you went to NYC, did you witness a lot of murders and muggings?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:11 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
When you went to NYC, did you witness a lot of murders and muggings?
Interesting question. Generally, I've never witnessed a murder anywhere. I've seen some hundreds of murderers in courts, prisons, a psychiatric hospital (forensic psychiatry) and quite a few in my office, though.
Unfortunately, I do know a lot of muggins, but I didn't really pay attention to those muggings (might be two) when I was in New York - there were too many rubbernecks already.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:59 pm
There are less than one murder per 100 000 in Sweden and
more than four murder per 100 000 in USA.
So the chance to see a murder in Sweden is very small.
For McGentrix fantasy Sweden is propably like a Wild West film only people are driving down the main road shooting one another. Or men are walking around killing with knifes.
WE are have a primeminister who behaves so much better than the president of USA
izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 04:59 pm
@saab,
They need to feel superior, that's why they erect a weird fantasy world around themselves. I think the poor sods actually believe it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 05:10 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

For McGentrix fantasy Sweden is propably like a Wild West film only people are driving down the main road shooting one another. Or men are walking around killing with knifes.

Nonsense. I've been to Sweden and I picture it more like a bunch of pretty, but not overly bright, people eating weird fish between saunas and ice fishing. They also play volleyball. Oh, and the ride caribou, not horses while roping polar bears for fun.

Now, that nonsense is out of the way, why do you take offense at having the immigration "problem" in Sweden discussed openly?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 05:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Not overly bright, you can bloody talk. Your president is a joke. Americans aren't exactly known for their sagacity. It's why you need to employ a load of Indians to do the hard sums and thinking for you.

I know I'm being unfair, there are a lot of clever Americans out there, but none of them voted for Agent Orange. And you are taking Gunga's rants seriously. He's barking mad, he believes all sorts of mental **** about intelligent design, young Earth, pyramids on Mars and Peruvians riding around on dinosaurs.

Have a bloody word with yourself, you're looking ridiculous.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 09:17 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
why do you take offense at having the immigration "problem" in Sweden discussed openly?

Why do you take such offense why do you take offense at having the myriad US war crimes/US illegal invasions/US terrorism/US false accusations aimed at the world's Muslims for something they never did?

Why do you flee when such discussions come up? Why do you hypocritically point your fingers at others for things that you and your countrymen are famous for?

Remember, the US is the one that has caused all these problems with their lies - Iraq lies, Afghanistan lies, alleged Arab hijacker lies, ... .
gungasnake

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 11:25 pm
@camlok,
You claim that all US presidents have been war criminals and I suppose you include Ike and FDR in that...

Do you have some reason to believe you'd be better off today if Adolf Hitler had won WW-II??
McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 12:32 am
@gungasnake,
What's REALLY happening in Sweden?

I fully expect 2 denials, 3 attacks on the source and at least 1 person changing the subject. There will be no discussion of the contents or what the video discusses.
saab

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 02:34 am
@McGentrix,
I certainly have nothig against a fair discussion about problems in Sweden, butpreferable with people who know what they are talking about.
We really have no problems with immigrants. An immigrant is a person who leaves his country, has a workingpermit, has a job and who has come to live in another country.
We have problems with refugees, with illigal refugees, Swedes who are crimial and gangs of different nationalities.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:03 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I fully expect 2 denials, 3 attacks on the source and at least 1 person changing the subject. There will be no discussion of the contents or what the video discusses.
I actually wanted to please you ... but I don't want to get on list of our Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution when clicking on that video.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:18 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I've been to Sweden ...
The numerous lakes, infinite spaces, unlimited woods and spectacular shorelines, the impressive history and a rich culture is quite astonishing, isn't it? Especially, if you don't stay all the time fishing in front of your holiday house but get more contacts with the locals, in the lanthandln and elsewhere
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 07:48 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Do you have some reason to believe you'd be better off today if Adolf Hitler had won WW-II??

The US did business with Hitler right thru the middle of the war and they have continued to do business with fascist, right wing dictators that the US has installed, so there's no reason to think that the US wouldn't have been great friends with a Hitler government.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 07:54 am
@McGentrix,
You have incredible gall, McGentrix. You keep forgetting the USA scientific study that says, in essence, that WTC7 was a controlled demolition. The only logical conclusion from that is that the twin towers were also blown up, [the science proves that already].

Where does the deep evil lie - squarely in the USA, blaming another group of people for things done by the USA itself. It's not as if this is the first time - the Maine, the Gulf of Tonkin, my god, blaming Cuba for terrorism while the US has been committing vicious terrorist acts against Cuba for well over a hundred years.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:07 am
@camlok,
Still waiting for an answer... You claim all US presidents have been war criminals; do you have some reason to believe you'd be better off if Hitler had won WW-II??
camlok

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:30 am
@gungasnake,
Not only war criminals but purveyors of genocide, from before the USA became a country.

Someone[s] has voted you down. They don't want to hear any negative things about the USA.

I voted you up.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 09:53 am
Why rightwingers are desperate for Sweden to ‘fail’Of course Sweden isn’t perfect, but those who love to portray it as teeming with terrorists and naive towards reality, are just cynical hypocrites

Comments
Friday 14 April 2017 14.22 BST Last modified on Friday 14 April 2017 14.31 BST
There are few countries in the world that have “lost their innocence” as many times as Sweden. Even before a suspected terrorist and Isis supporter killed four and injured many more in last week’s attack in central Stockholm, Sweden’s policies were being portrayed on the programmes of Fox News and pages of the Daily Mail as, at best, exercises in well-meaning-but-naive multiculturalism, and at worst terrorist appeasement.

So, when terrible events take place, they are framed as evidence of the decline and fall of the European social democratic project, the failure of European immigration policies and of Swedish innocence lost.

When Donald Trump argued against the intake of Syrian refugees to the US earlier this year, he used supposed problems in Sweden as part of his rationale. “You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden,” the president said at a rally in Florida in February. “Sweden. Who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible.” The White House later clarified that Trump had been speaking about general “rising crime”, when he seemed to be describing a then non-existent terror attack.
The obsession with Sweden has a lot to do with the country’s history of taking in refugees and asylum seekers, combined with social democratic politics. Both are poison to the political right. When prime minister Olof Palme was shot walking home (without bodyguards) from a cinema in 1986, we were told that Swedish innocence and utopian notions of a non-violent society had come to an end. But Swedes miraculously regained their innocence, only to lose it again in 2003 when the popular foreign minister Anna Lindh (also without bodyguards) was stabbed to death in a Stockholm department store. This possession and dispossession of innocence – which some call naivety – has ebbed and flowed with the years.

[...]

Has Swedish immigration policy always been well thought-out? No. Is Sweden marked by social and economic divisions? Yes. But the presentation of Sweden as some kind of case study in failed utopianism often comes from those who talk a big game on democracy, human rights and equality, but who refuse to move beyond talk into action.

So, when pundits and experts opine on Swedish “innocence lost” it is worth remembering that Sweden has never been innocent. It is also worth remembering that Sweden was willing to put its money where its mouth was when it came to taking in refugees and immigrants fleeing the conflicts and instability fuelled by countries unwilling to deal with the consequences of their actions. This shirking of responsibility while condemning the efforts of others is far worse than being naive. It’s cynical hypocrisy.
camlok

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 01:39 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
It is also worth remembering that Sweden was willing to put its money where its mouth was when it came to taking in refugees and immigrants fleeing the conflicts and instability fuelled by countries unwilling to deal with the consequences of their actions.

How come there aren't more people like this, Walter, honest people who know that the spade is a spade and will address the spade and its evil spade digging illegally into others soil?
0 Replies