DT and Sweden

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 02:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
In Copenhagen, they are holding a vigil, "Pray For Sweden" asking people to bring "fake flowers" etc.
Quote:
“After the terrible attack on Sweden, to which attention was correctly drawn by President Trump, the Nordic countries now stand together,” the organiser of the 'Pray for Sweden' event wrote on Facebook.

“We invite all citizens to walk past the Swedish Embassy on Friday 17.00, in honour of our Swedish brothers and sisters.”

The event, which nearly 3,000 people have expressed interest in and which which has been viewed by more than 250,000 people, has been cleared with the Copenhagen Police.

“Please remember to bring fake flowers,” Artpusher, the Danish prankster behind the event, told The Local. “The idea is that we quietly go there and quietly put down our fake flowers, but the most important thing is the posts we make afterwards about it on social media, so it’s a fake event.”
[...]
Artpusher, whose real name is Søren Vilhelm, said he saw a fake memorial march as a way of protesting so-called 'fake news'.

“I’ve been talking to angry people all yesterday and all today trying to explain that this is not an anti-Trump demonstration, this is an anti-fake news demonstration,” he said.

“This is about being able to make your own mind up and make a decision based on facts. This is bigger than Trump.”

He said he was in a way wary of mocking Trump as he was simply too easy a target.

“Trump is a gift to any artist, because he’s like a walking cartoon, but he’s alive and he’s real,” Vilhelm said. “I could easily get a debate because I would insult a lot of people, and that is also my intention.”
Source
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 03:07 am
https://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/25428-swedish-police-government-covering-up-huge-migrant-crime-spree

Quote:

A Swedish police officer put his career and even his liberty on the line — in Sweden, even the truth can get you jailed for “hate speech” — to give his countrymen what he viewed as an urgent warning. Writing on social media, the senior detective, Peter Springare, explained that Swedish authorities were covering up a massive crime wave among primarily African and Middle Eastern migrants that has law-enforcement and the rest of society's institutions on the brink. The revelations, subsequently echoed by another officer who stepped forward to confirm Springare's report, blew a giant hole in the Swedish government's imploding narrative. Making matters worse for the narrative, a violent riot broke out on February 20 after an arrest in the immigrant-dominated Stockholm suburb of Rinkeby — an area that has seen frequent migrant riots, car burnings, shootings, and other chaos in recent years.

The explosive revelations and developments came just weeks before President Donald Trump, after speaking at a rally in Florida, came under intense fire from the establishment media and Swedish politicians for a remark suggesting Sweden had suffered adverse effects from the tsunami of Third World immigration in recent years. “You look at what's happening in Germany. You look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers and they're having problems like they never thought possible,” Trump said somewhat clumsily, saying, “We need to keep our country safe.” Trump later clarified that he was referring to a Fox News story on immigration and its effects in Sweden.

Swedish politicians, government-funded Swedish media outlets, and far-left U.S. establishment media organs all feigned shock, pretending that Sweden was absorbing the hundreds of thousands of migrants without a hitch. Some especially dishonest media even claimed, falsely, that Trump had cited a non-existent terror attack that allegedly struck Sweden the previous day. But while official statistics and statements by government officials suggest everything is fine — Swedish crime statistics claim that crime numbers in recent years have been essentially in line with past years — Springare and a growing body of evidence indicate that the truth is less rosy than Swedish politicians and bureaucrats would like people to believe.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 04:42 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

For me I think the saddest is what has happened to the Jews. Malmö was concidered as a kind of sanctury for them and now over the last 40 years they have had to suffer under antisemitic hatecrimes. Hatecrimes mostly by Muslims who again have found a santury in Malmö.

Hate crimes are committed by criminals, and Anders Behring Breivik showsa us that Scandinavia has its own neo Nazi groups. By blaming hate crimes on one religion you're perpetuating the cycle.

From the BBC, not Sweden, but America, but the message is the same.

Quote:
A US Muslim-led fundraising project to help repair a Jewish cemetery that was vandalised has raised almost three times its $20,000 (£16,000) target.

The crowdfunding campaign, which calls for "solidarity with the Jewish-American community", aims to help "rebuild this sacred space".

More than 170 headstones were damaged at the Jewish cemetery in St Louis, Missouri on Monday.

It comes after a string of anti-Semitic threats targeting the Jewish community.

The fundraising effort, launched by Linda Sarsour and Tarek El-Messidi, has received nearly 2,000 donations and has raised more than $55,000 (£44,000).

"Muslim Americans stand in solidarity with the Jewish-American community to condemn this horrific act of desecration," the fundraising page states.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39049102
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 07:42 am
Quote:
Hate crimes are committed by criminals, and Anders Behring Breivik showsa us that Scandinavia has its own neo Nazi groups. By blaming hate crimes on one religion you're perpetuating the cycle.

I said mostly Muslims and I did not put the blaming only on them.
There are over 40.000 Muslims in Malmö and the majority are living just a
normal life, working, having families and friends.
Would you have been critical when I would have said " the majority are Christians " ? Would I then also have been blaming it on only one religion?
You probably would not have said anything.
saab

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 07:56 am
Let us have some other news about Sweden.
A politician in northern Sweden in a town of 4900 has come up with a good idea for the working peopulation.
We all need anti stress and we need work out, and we need time without our kids to do this.
When would be a good time - during working hours.
So his idea is one hour during work - and paid hour people should have sex.
It is realaxing and antistress.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 10:08 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Some especially dishonest media even claimed, falsely, that Trump had cited a non-existent terror attack that allegedly struck Sweden the previous day.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED THAT FRIDAY NIGHT IN SWEDEN
which could be blamed on any form of terrorism.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 10:22 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial

saab

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 10:49 am
@gungasnake,
How many Swedish newspapers and TV news did you read or watch that week end???????
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 11:07 am
@saab,
I don't think that you fully grasp the power and the reach of US propaganda.
saab

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 11:49 am
@camlok,
Some prefer to believe fake news and turn them to facts.
camlok

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 11:54 am
@saab,
Now there are two of us who know this. Smile
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 12:14 pm
@saab,
Yes, I would. The majority of Muslims, (and Christians and Jews) are decent law abiding people. There's two narratives running here, one is that all sides can live in harmony, the counter narrative, which unfortunately is on the ascendency right now, is one of a clash of cultures that can't be avoided. Which narrative do you want to be a part of?
saab

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 12:52 pm
@izzythepush,
I never said the majority of Muslims attack Jews.
The majority of the attackers are Muslims - that is what I wanted to say.
Honestly people have hardly ever lived in pure harmony no matter how ethnical close they were.
I want to live without any nastyness and being polite and respectful towards others - not matter of religion or lack of and ethnical background.
My husbond lost a job because of his citizen ship, the same happened to our daughter (who has another one than he did) and I have been told off to because of my citizenship. Three family members, three different passports and three times having to feel it dicrimination - thanks that is enough

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 02:33 pm
@saab,
I've not accused you of saying anything about the majority of Muslim people. The fact is you singled out a single religious group as being mostly to blame. I'm not accusing you of being nasty, just pointing out how well intentioned words can be twisted by those wishing to spread division.
saab

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 02:53 pm
@izzythepush,
It is interesting that over years Sweden has been put on a pedistal in many countries as being THE country in being correct, a soc ( this word can be misunderstood) and some other good sides, which will be twisted into some political form of communism..
Lately and it did not start with Trump there has been a lot of negative infomation about Sweden in other countries.
The negative information is different in different countries. Denmark complains about this, Germany about that, Finland about something else and now USA jumped the bandwagon.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 02:37 am
@saab,
Why Trump voters are obsessed with Sweden an interesting report (in Swedish only):

Björn af Kleen: Trumps väljare är besatta av Sverige
gungasnake

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 02:54 am
http://pamelageller.com/2017/02/sweden-like-a-warzone.html/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 02:54 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I saw it in the paper over internet, but couldn´t open the article and still can´t.
It is interesting how Sweden has been sometimes put on the top and then again being used for its bad sides. Somehow we are very much in the middle.
We have a Swedish word "lagom" and it does not really exists in any other language with that same meaning. I could translate it into good enough.
But it does not really mean it is good enough.
We have become so PC we should not use the word he and she, but a third word hen. Hen was a good driver. They have gotten a new little babyhen...
I still use he and she so do the majority of us
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 03:49 am
http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/23/sweden-opened-its-doors-to-muslim-immigration-today-its-the-rape-capital-of-the-west-japan-didnt/
izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 04:10 am
@saab,
I think Sweden is a very nice place, a far better place to live than America.