DT and Sweden

saab

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 05:47 am
@izzythepush,
The Danish paper JP had this morning an article about Ami Horowitz film about Sweden.
the answers to questions had been cut out and added to other questions so that it fitted the way Horowitz wanted the picture of Sweden to be
saab

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 06:06 am
@izzythepush,
It depends a lot on what you want and how you feel.
I think Sweden is a lovely country, the people are polite and kind. The social security which once was the highest priority in Sweden is slowly going down.
You can be very lonely in Sweden depending on where you live.
USA is a large country so also there it depends on where you live.
The security is to a great extend missing when you compare with Sweden.
In many ways Sweden and Midwest is similar when it comes to people, but I think you would be less lonesome in the Midwest in a small town than a small Swedish town.
A couple of years ago an old school friend of mine walked by and we started to chat so I suggested her to come in a drink a cup of coffee. No, oh no I do not want to disturbe. We had not seen one another for ages....
We are slowly becoming so PC that we should avoid he and she and use a third word which is put together of he and she. Something like it.
They got a beautiful and healthy babyit.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 06:11 am
@saab,
You don't have to tell me. The Trump administration is concerned with one thing only, maintaining power. That means pandering to its power base who are ruled by prejudice, facts don't come into it, actually they get in the way. So genuine journalists are dismissed as fake while those who deal in lies an innuendo are put centre stage. His power base accepts this because it's what they want to hear. Smearing Sweden is just part of it.
camlok

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 07:19 am
@izzythepush,
Hasn't the US has been George1984Orwell for a long long time? Isn't all this demonization of Arabs, Muslims, Islam, Syrians, Libyans, ... just a different form of Japanese Relocation?
saab

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 07:38 am
@camlok,
In Sweden we all have a Personnummer. A personal number.
year month day and four numbers which shows if you are male and female and where you were born.
This person nummer is used for taxes, health, by the doctor, for your bank, your creditcard, your driving licence and when you pick up a package at the postoffice.
Welcome 1984
and the Swedes in general find it OK. "I do not do anything secretly or wrong.
It is OK if the State knows everything. We live in a democracy"
camlok

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 07:45 am
@saab,
While that may work in Sweden, it doesn't follow that it has worked in the USA.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 09:41 am
@gungasnake,

Are these articles wrong or were they just thumbed down out of practice?
camlok

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 09:44 am
@McGentrix,
This, McGentrix, is an excellent example of how it has not worked in the US.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 10:26 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Are these articles wrong
If you had read the responses and the links, you would know what is wrong with those articles.

McGentrix wrote:
were they just thumbed down out of practice?
The reason why someone tnumbs down a response can only be done by the preson who did it, I think.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 04:33 pm
http://theduran.com/sweden-loves-soros-leaked-document-shows-65-of-swedish-politicians-loyal-allies-george-soros/

European people are being sold out by their political ruling class; Sweden is the worst case.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 04:35 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Are these articles wrong or were they just thumbed down out of practice?

Same little group of a half dozen or so losers who vote all of my threads down to zero...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 10:01 pm
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/20/80-per-cent-swedish-police-consider-quitting-due-danger/
saab

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 03:12 am
@gungasnake,
65% of Swedish politicians love Soros.
Wrong
There are not 20 in the government but 24, first mistake
And Sweden has many more politicians than the 24 in the government. Second mistake.
Learn facts about Sweden or stop spreading lies.
saab

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 03:17 am
@gungasnake,
Another completely lie.
23% of the Swedish police is looking for a job in some other area. There can be many different reasons and not just refugees.
50% have sometimes thought about getting another job but have not done anyhing about it.
Ask within other jobs, teachers, nurses the list is long and you probably also will find about 50% who now and then have thought about getting another job.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 03:25 am
@saab,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_(European_Parliament_constituency)

Quote:
Sweden is a constituency of the European Parliament covering the entire nation of Sweden. It is currently represented by twenty MEPs

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 03:34 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_(European_Parliament_constituency)

Quote:
Sweden is a constituency of the European Parliament covering the entire nation of Sweden. It is currently represented by twenty MEPs

Indeed. The German-speaking Community of Belgium
is a constituency as well, represented by one MEP - there are three constituencies of the European Parliament in Belgium.
The Overseas Territories of France is a constituency of the European Parliament with three MEP's.

gungasnake

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 03:35 am
Quote:
Here are the “mapping” results of The Open Society Foundation’s study, into how much influence it wields in the European Parliament.

The mapping results of the study entitled “Reliable Allies in the European Parliament (2014-2019)”, reveal that Sweden tops all lists, as the country most loyal to the core values of billionaire George Soros.

0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 09:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Sweden is a constituency of the European Parliament covering the entire nation of Sweden.

Walter, please explain what gunasnake means with above sentence
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 09:34 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
Quote:
Sweden is a constituency of the European Parliament covering the entire nation of Sweden.

Walter, please explain what gunasnake means with above sentence
I have no idea - thus I named some more constituencies.
Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, Poland and the United Kingdom are divided into constituencies, while the other member countries have a single national constituency covering the entire nation.
But the number of MEP's representing each EU-country is approximately proportional to the population of that member country within the EU.

As said: I can't figure out what this has to do with gunga's obsolete opinion about Sweden - but it indicates like most of his posts that he/she can't be taken seriously.
saab

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thank you Walter - glad I am not the only one who does not understand it.
0 Replies