Never around the kids

twins

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 06:46 am
This is my first time...I've been with my bf for 3 years and we're pg. The pg was planned from the start and we're very much happy about it.

My issue is I have only been around his other 2 children 3 times. He says the mother doesn't want me to be around them.. At first I understood that..(jealously)..But now that excuse isn't good enough for me. I'm so mad and hurt that i still have to be at home and wait for him to get back from seeing his kids.. Yes, she know I'm pg. He won't ever make an effort. He never brings them by the house and I can't understand why.. we argue about it all the time.. he says one day and it's not me.. I get very angry because i'm pg by him and he won't have his children at our home..it's so confusing and i'm so sick of it..

His kids mom dates other guys, but deep down I believe she still wants him back...

A part of wants to leave him and another part of me wants to stick it for a little while longer.. Each weekend that goes by and he doesn't bother to bring them over...I can't take it..

All I keep thinking is why get me pg...if you're not ready for me to be around your other kids
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,119 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:48 am
And not just you - wouldn't your child be missing out on his or her half-brother(s) and half-sister(s)? They're family, too. Seems odd to only do the visits there, but perhaps it's a condition of visitation rights. Is there a formal visitation agreement?
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:06 pm
Why "get" YOU "pg"?

Sorry, hon, it takes TWO to Tango.

The conception was preventable... and THAT ball was in YOUR court.

Why would you SEEK impregnation without the security afforded by marriage?

"You poor dear thing!"
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:18 pm
Marriage is no longer a security. Marriage means nothing these days.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:56 pm
"Marriage", as recognized by the State, is NOT insignificant.
Certain Rights, Benefits and responsibilities accrue to those legally conjoined.

Hence the Radical Rightie agenda to DENY those Rights and benefits to those they feel superior to and hence despise.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 02:28 pm
Is your boyfriend still legally married?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 03:15 pm
Magus wrote:
"Marriage", as recognized by the State, is NOT insignificant.
Certain Rights, Benefits and responsibilities accrue to those legally conjoined.

Hence the Radical Rightie agenda to DENY those Rights and benefits to those they feel superior to and hence despise.

Commomlaw is just as good these days! Same rights only without the hassel!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 03:46 pm
Common law marriage is getting more and more difficult to prove.

Meanwhile, we're straying from the topic--why does the poster's boyfriend not want her to see his kids from a previous relationship?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 03:51 pm
Re: Never around the kids
You're right!

twins wrote:
He says the mother doesn't want me to be around them..

Yes, it is kind of bizzare. You'd think the bf would at least be able to take his own kids to his home regardless if "twins" is there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 01:33 pm
Depends on the custody arrangement. He may not have permission to take the children anywhere without the mom's agreement - and if she doesn't agree to time with twins, then it won't happen.

I think I would have liked to know more about this previous relationship and the bf's current legal status before embarking on having a child with the man.
0 Replies

cmorbutts

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 07:43 pm
I think the dude is still playing hide the pickle with the ex. You have to remember men are not house broken. How do tell when a man is lying ? Answer: When his lips are moving. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies