panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 11:24 pm
yawn...good night all
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 09:29 pm
georgia brown wrote:
mesquite

Bushs spending is a result of a war waged on US! am I the only person on this board who notices a difference in the Manhattan skyline?

Georgia

We were attacked by Al Qaeda, led by Osama Bin Laden, you know, the guy that was all over the news yesterday with the release of his new tape. He and his followers were in Afghanistan, NOT Iraq. Our military's lives and our countries resources are being wasted in Iraq while Osama gives us the finger.

georgia brown wrote:
As I said before I am not an economist evidently you are . I like everyone else have to pay taxes, A liberal would think im oposed that but im not .Regardless of what that montery figure, miht be for me , or someone else . When will just one modern day dem. agree that my opion on how that money is spent , is equil to theres. Im the tax payer !

You seem to have a problem getting beyond labels and slogans.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
0 Replies

georgia brown

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 10:43 pm
Labels mean things, words mean things !
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 04:12 am
Yes, words mean things. And a man should be as good as his word, so when George Bush said he would go get Osama bin Laden dead or alive I believed him. But he hasn't done it. When George Bush said that it was imperative that we get rid of Saddam and his weapons of mass destruction, I believed him, but he was wrong. There were no weapons and hadn't been any weapons since 1991, only George won't say he was wrong and I find that a little odd in a man.

If I hire a man to fix a hole in my roof and he says okay, I believe him. Unless a week later I find him digging in the garden because he thinks that the termites that made the hole came from there. Then I fire him. Not because he's not earnestly doing his best, he's just not right for the job.

On Tuesday, I am going to fire George Bush. Nice fella, just not up for the work.

Joe
0 Replies

georgia brown

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:26 pm
I believe, there were weapons . STILL. I think they moved to seria, or another terrorist nation .There was allot of suspect activity wile we were dancing with the U.N. Should Bush be more clear on what he did or did not find? Yes . When I voted for him in 2000. He said nothing about the immigration policies he has since imposed, wich I disagree with completely! Hes done his share of pandering, But do you really think Kerry isn"t much , much worse. We cant examine one guys record and ignore the other!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:01 pm
Georgia, the WMDs were by all accounts, except for some here who continue to spin wild thoughts, were destroyed in 1991. What makes you think that the Syrians are crazy enough to allow the two thousand trucks in that it would take to crate away the supposed amounts to cross their border? And then what? The Iraqis driving the trucks and the military accompanying them would just drive back across Kurdistan?

How come no one thinks they were transported to Iran? Or Turkey? There lots of lonely hillsides in the Turkish Eastern provinces.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:16 pm
Re: WHY ARE WORKING PEOPLE VOTING [D]
Georgia and Armyvet, while I appreciate your perspectives on "hard working people," you would be surprised at who is receiving the most government "hand-outs." Both parties are firmly digging their heels into our tax dollars, and typical Republican strongholds probably receive MORE federal handouts than Democratic strongholds.

Consider: The federal spending that people typically call federal "welfare"--money going from the federal government to state unemployment and other welfare programs, constituted $16.5 billion in 2003. Washington Poststateline.org

Now, consider agricultural welfare. Where does this money go? The most recent agricultural subsidies data I can find estimates federal spending in farm subsidies at $18.7 billion http://www.washtimes.com/business/20031207-114046-8545r.htm. No one farms in the cities (the biggest Democratic strongholds)--not surprisingly, the vast majority of this money goes to Red states and Republicans.

What about other spending projects and those loathsome "government made jobs"? Take a look at "pork barrel" spending inserted inappropriately into federal bills. These typically involve transportation and public work projects. If you've ever been to W.Va, you'd also notice that most of these projects are totally unnecessary, and constitute your prototypical "government made jobs." Data is hard to find on this, but 2001 numbers place the top pork-barrel states per population: 1. Alaska, 2. Hawaii, 3. Mississippi, 4. Alabama, 5. West Virginia. That's 80% Red states! http://www.webguild.com/sentinel/gov_waste.htm
0 Replies

georgia brown

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:17 pm
" And though the past had its share of injustice kind was the spirit in many a way" .............on this election day!

Steppenwolf, Its not a question of who's wasting or stealing our money. It's our inability to come together and insist we dictate were our money goes.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:19 pm
georgia brown wrote:
Steppenwolf, Its not a question of who's wasting or stealing our money. It's our inability to come together and insist we dictate were our money goes.

I agree, Georgia.
0 Replies

georgia brown

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:35 pm
This wont be a popular statement but I dont think alot of kerry supporters would agree with us . Ive found most independants are up for discusion, Because the truth lies somewere in the middle . Where as hard core left go straight to a fact free pissing contest .
0 Replies

georgia brown

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:46 pm
Joe nation, If I remember the news reports correctly, It was eighteen trucks. And I think they were heading for Syria , Because .....THEY WERE HEADING FOR SYRIA!
0 Replies