Is there an easier way to take Echinamide? (echinacea)

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
I just got this stuff today from the health food store, it came in this glass jar with an eye dropper kinda tube cap. I'm supposed to take .5mg twice every two hours with warm water, but uhh, I tried that and there is no way I can even force myself to try it again. I only got half of it drank and it was awful, awful , awful. Please help me....lol..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 991 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:00 pm
I have echinacea that comes in capsules. No problem at all. The only time that I take it, together with a zinc tablet, is if I feel a cold coming on, and then only for three days. I had read in a couple of places that the overuse of echinacea could depress the immune system.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:02 pm
I should have got the capsule kind, but this was what they recommended me, so i'm trying to make due with what I have...if that's at all possible.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:06 pm
I tried echinacea a couple of years ago, with a respiratory ailment that Phoenix might recall and found no benefit. Capsules are the way to go, though. Maybe if you really chill the liquid it would be helpful, and apply the drops as far back on the tongue as you can.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:12 pm
What about mixing it with tea or something along those lines?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:18 pm
Stand up- Why don't you mix it with something that has a strong flavor? When I was a kid my mother would mix sulfa powders (ugh) in apple sauce. At least I could get it down.

Rog- I sorta remember the incident. Did you take zinc with the echinacea? I find that whenever I am coming down with a cold, I take the combo. It makes me really feel rotten for about a half hour (nauseous). Then that feeling disappears, and I always feel much, much better.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:25 pm
I have Echinacea PlusĀ® in tea-bag form. Keep it in my pantry, not the medicine cabinet. One teabag, eight ounces of boiling water, steep for at least 10 minutes, drink like you'd sip a cup of tea. Tastes great with some organic honey added. You'll find it in most health food stores.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:34 pm
Oh, yeah. Never keep medicines in the medicine cabinet. Bathroom humidity is way to high.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:43 pm
I have quite a few echinacea plants growing around my hut. ( I call them purple cone flowers )

I just eat the damn things. Pull 'em out of the ground and start eating. Tastes pretty good.

Every once in a while you'll eat a rogue bee or a fat little caterpillar, but those little bastards are high in protein.

I hope this information helps you, standup.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:47 pm
I made good ol' earl grey tea with lots of cream and sugar then added the yucky stuff! I can only faintly taste it now, so it's not too bad. I only hope it will still work!

Ohh and gus, I tried a caterpillar.....and you were right, those things are mmm mmm good....like campbells!
0 Replies