Heart Broken?

OwenXx

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 07:38 pm
I have been crying for about an hour now, writing this down makes me feel better... So this girl I have the biggest crush I have ever had and was about to ask her out and I was talking with my friends for a few days (never mentioned asking her out) about my huge crush. At the end of today I started asking some who had crushes on who and one of my friends wouldn't tell me. He had said some weird stuff about not dating people you are really good friends or don't date certain people because it might ruin ruin friendships if you break up earlier this week. I figured because like a few months ago he broke up with a really good friend. But now that he won't tell me who his crush is because it might involve me or my best friend (who was also there) and it was the price that put it all together. The girl sent a msg to my friend's phone to tell me thanks for the valentine flowers I got here. Now that I see that he talked about broken friendships, had her number, and wouldn't tell me who his crush is I think they might me dating or he might have a crush on her. Am I overreacting/overthinking because this was going to be my first time asking a girl out or what should I do plz help.

View best answer, chosen by OwenXx
ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 07:41 pm
@OwenXx,
1. do not talk to your friends about your crushes

2. if you are interested in a girl - ask her out

3. do not talk to your friends about your crushes
OwenXx

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 08:34 pm
@OwenXx,
I was a little pissed when I wrote this so sorry for the misspells price = piece here = here and again if you have anything at all to add please help. I will be hanging out with my friends tomorrow and would like to see your feedback
OwenXx

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 08:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Have any idea on what I should do? Do you think it would be too pushy/nosey to ask my friend if he does like her or is a relationship with her?
OwenXx

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 09:16 pm
@OwenXx,
Why does this keep autocorrecting her to here?
0 Replies

Krumple
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 09:23 pm
@OwenXx,
OwenXx wrote:

I have been crying for about an hour now, writing this down makes me feel better... So this girl I have the biggest crush I have ever had and was about to ask her out and I was talking with my friends for a few days (never mentioned asking her out) about my huge crush. At the end of today I started asking some who had crushes on who and one of my friends wouldn't tell me. He had said some weird stuff about not dating people you are really good friends or don't date certain people because it might ruin ruin friendships if you break up earlier this week. I figured because like a few months ago he broke up with a really good friend. But now that he won't tell me who his crush is because it might involve me or my best friend (who was also there) and it was the price that put it all together. The girl sent a msg to my friend's phone to tell me thanks for the valentine flowers I got here. Now that I see that he talked about broken friendships, had her number, and wouldn't tell me who his crush is I think they might me dating or he might have a crush on her. Am I overreacting/overthinking because this was going to be my first time asking a girl out or what should I do plz help.

Why not simply clear it up and ask either of them so you don't have to keep guessing? If you ask her and she either says it's none of your business or she asks why you want to know. Then that's your opportunity to ask her out but you can say you thought she might be involved so you asked. If she says no shes not involved with him then you know and can see if she's interested in you.
OwenXx

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 09:33 pm
@Krumple,
Thanks......now just to get the nerve to say it XD thx again
Krumple

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 12:04 am
@OwenXx,
OwenXx wrote:

Thanks......now just to get the nerve to say it XD thx again

Nervousness over rejection is a two thousand year old built in fear mechanism. There is an easier way to get over this irrelevant fear.

Premise, wouldn't you prefer to be with someone who wants to be with you?

If she rejects you, first of all it doesn't mean she is your only shot. Which is what the evolutionary fear is based on. Long ago if you got rejected it might have been your only chance, but you don't need to worry about that.

Second, a rejection is really just discovering that you wouldn't be comparable anyways so why would you want to be with someone who doesn't find you appealing?

Rejection isn't a bad thing. Its worth putting yourself out there because doing nothing gets you nothing.

Oh and not everyone will reject you. Its statistically improbable. No matter how bad or low you think of yourself there's someone our there who would find you appealing.
OwenXx

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 02:59 pm
@Krumple,
Thanks I got it all cleared up...with my friend at least. He was trying to pull a prank on my best friend. So ya thanks anyway though, but I still didn't have the chance to talker to her though. Still tanks
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 04:00 pm
@OwenXx,
OwenXx wrote:

Have any idea on what I should do? Do you think it would be too pushy/nosey to ask my friend if he does like her or is a relationship with her?

ask her out

do not talk to your friend about this
0 Replies