Who is he on the wall of Oval Office?

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 04:19 am
Thomas Jefferson? Not clear on this photo:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4qC5UeXAAIXOl-.jpg

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 04:44 am
I'm virtually positive that it's Thomas Jefferson.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 04:44 am
@oristarA,
Looks like Jefferson to me.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 05:05 am
With the image on the wall, does this hint us that Mr Trump appreciates Jefferson?
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 05:12 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
With the image on the wall, does this hint us that Mr Trump appreciates Jefferson?

I would guess that the painting has been there for a long time.
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 05:31 am
@Brandon9000,
ALL THE wallpaper, rugs, and curtains are all new. Trump had the WH Usher commission a quick redecoration of the Oval Office. I know he removed the rug with the quotes by MLK , the Bust of MLK (with which he had replaced by an abstract bust of Churchill). The rug was replaced with the Qrt eco style rug that Laura Bush had commisioned and done by Stickley (I believe)The curtains are gold again (These are the same ones Bill Clinton had done for the OO).Obama had maroonish curtains with a bit o gold trim)
I loked for the art list but wasnt able to find it yet. I know that Trump added a portrait of ANDREW fuckin JACKSON .
Yes , thats Jefferson, I believe its the Rembrandt Peale portrait that was done about 1800 (I thought it was done during th Lewis and Clark yers-I was wrong).

We get lots of clues from the artwork that each past president had hung during his term. If Trump is able to hang on, I suspect he will have a lqrge life size painting of COUNT VIGO, and the entire room will be gold leafed with Gold lamme fabrics .
If he fucks with the Resolute desk, this is an omen of disaster. Knnedy had the Resolute desk removed and restored in a careful restoration. He did this early 1963. Johnson had the Resolute Desk replaced. Carter brought it back
oristarA

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 05:53 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

oristarA wrote:

I would guess that the painting has been there for a long time.

This:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/President_Reagan_alone_in_the_Oval_Office_1984.jpg

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 07:53 am
And this?

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/obama-foot-on-desk-3.jpg

camlok

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 10:10 am
@farmerman,
Are there huge warehouses where all this junk is stored?
camlok

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 10:43 am
How much did Trump, the guy who mouths great support for the struggling masses [certainly not the only one], spend on his renovation?

Is all the "junk" taken to the local Aunt Sally?
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 11:13 am
@camlok,
on his defense. He drew about 100K of the refurb money from his coffers.
All the presidents did it. Besides, he did actually restore some of the furnishings from earlier administrations. The only thing that is semi "sacred" is the Resolute Desk.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 11:26 am
@camlok,
The entire AREA about the Mall i a huge warehouse complex. The WHite house has a huge basement that was again restored during the GHW Bush Administration nd it had a lot of stored sculpture . They actually hqd to use bulldozers and a tunnelling rig in there to scrape the Aquia Formation because the restoration done during the Truman Yrs actually fucked up the foundation and it was starting to sink faster than predicted (It was the first recognition of the task of "draining the Swamp at Foggy Bottom")

Ill bet the paintings and sculpture qnd furniture has a connection with the Smithsonian or the REnwick Galleries (Right ACross the street from the White House.

Wherever its stored, it would probably be under close surveillance and guard. (I think the First Dan Brown book bgan with a heist of the National Archives
camlok

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 11:31 am
@farmerman,
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with that interesting information, Farmerman.
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 11:33 am
@camlok,
Its either that or I just sit here and talk to my cat.
camlok

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 11:38 am
@farmerman,
Crushed, just at the moment I thought I was special.
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 11:44 am
@camlok,
Everyone is special, its just thatsome of our creatures are slightly more special.
Now I gotta go feed her some kibbles. shes staring at me and it creeps me out.

Sturgis

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 12:14 pm
@farmerman,
So what you're telling me is, that, all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others? Strikes me as rather Orwellian.
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 02:10 pm
@Sturgis,
We have animals on our farm. The pigs are the really smart dudes, always thinking.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 12:43 am
@oristarA,
Then perhaps it hints that he appreciates Jefferson. Many people do.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 12:46 am
It was Washington that "I cannot tell a lie." Must be Jefferson.
0 Replies