Have you voted early?

McGentrix

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 09:04 pm
I have voted early and of the four candidtaes, I voted 2 Republicans, 1 Independent, and 1 Democrat.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 09:13 pm
Stout fellow.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:55 am
I'm not sure how it is in other states, but in Texas we don't need no stinking reason to vote early. We just do.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 07:40 am
I voted today. Georgia didn't start until Monday and there are 5 hour waits at some places.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:33 pm
I voted this morning.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 11:34 am
I voted about an hour ago. A little, older lady in the booth next to me poked her head into my booth and asked in very broken English...."please, how do I vote for Mr. Bush?"

I was more than happy to show her....only slightly able to refrain from hugging her Smile
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 12:46 pm
The Age of Miracles is not yet passed. For only the second time in 12 years the State of Washington has gotten us our absentee ballots in time. We sent them back by DHL today.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:59 pm
I would have pointed out to the old lady that Bush is spelled K-e-r-r-y.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 05:43 pm
Curt Schilling doesn't think so Razz

Curt to Charlie Gibson this morning -

"Tell everybody to vote. And vote BUSH".

Gotta love those Red Sox Smile
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 06:04 pm
Curt and Barb Streisand...fated to fall in love.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 08:55 pm
No surprise re Curt Schilling.

Love him as a pitcher, and eternally grateful for his contribution to the end of our perrenial suffering. But that's pretty much where it stops. He's almost incapable of uttering a complete sentence without using the word Lord, or God, or Christian, etc. What puzzles me is how "God" gets credit whenever Schilling does well, but never gets any blame when he fails to perform.

Seriously, though, I have absolutely no problem with Schilling's faith, because he is not the leader of the free world, and the tenets and mandates of his faith, therefore, are not forced upon my life (via, for example, public funding for faith-based charities, laws obstructing public funding for embryonic stem cell research, extremist fundamentalist court nominees, and, amendments that would enshrine bigotry in the US constitution.)

I also have no real problem with him voicing his opinion of TV. We all love Curt, but his expression of support for Bush will change no one's mind.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:07 pm
Funny how conservative celebrities' political pronouncements are taken seriously by many of the same crowd that decries the Robert Redford/Barbra Sriesand forays into politics.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 06:11 am
Today is the final day for Texas early voting.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 06:40 am
Edgar,

Do you think the redistricting we heard so much about a while back will have the intended effect of the outcome of the election in Texas ?

Was it done to affect mainly in-state outcomes?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 06:46 am
As we know, local politics play a large part in federal politics. It all works from the ground up. An all Republican state will not vote a man like Kerry in, no matter how bad they consider Bush to be. Locals get the senators and congressmen voted in.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:13 am
You know, I'm almost at the point where I feel the only way to convince Bush supporters what a dangerous and disastrous president he has been is for him to be re-elected and allowed to run this country completely into the ground domestically and internationally. Then maybe they'd get it.

I said I'm almost at that point; almost, but not quite - I love my country too much.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:56 am
The evil that men do lives on long after - something to that effect. If Bush is able to appoint a couple of Supreme Court justices we are screwed.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:17 pm
angie wrote:
You know, I'm almost at the point where I feel the only way to convince Bush supporters what a dangerous and disastrous president he has been is for him to be re-elected and allowed to run this country completely into the ground domestically and internationally. Then maybe they'd get it.

I say let's give it a shot and see if your approach works.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 01:08 pm
I said "almost", and my comment was borderline tongue-in-cheek.

In fact, I love America way too much to wish that dangerous divisive lunatic upon her and the world for four more DAYS, never mind four more years.
0 Replies