Die fighting for US ... Bad. Die Fighting for UN ... Good.

owl

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:44 am
All you have managed to say is that you have been brainwashed by the Bush team.

I am more afraid than you are but I am afraid of more Bush years and the damage he continues to produce.

Please... try to look beyond the hype.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 09:35 pm
owl wrote:
All you have managed to say is that you have been brainwashed by the Bush team.

I am more afraid than you are but I am afraid of more Bush years and the damage he continues to produce.

Please... try to look beyond the hype.
Are you saying that the president's job isn't America first? You want the president to consider the rest of the world when making decisions in America interest?

Last time I checked the president's oath, it didn't say anything about the rest of the world. Kind of like my oath in the Army. I didn't swear allegiance to the world or the UN, I swore to protect the US and its interests.

Army song:
First to fight for the right,
And to build the Nation's might,
And The Army Goes Rolling Along
Proud of all we have done,
Fighting till the battle's won,
And the Army Goes Rolling Along.

Then it's Hi! Hi! Hey!
The Army's on its way.
Count off the cadence loud and strong
For where e'er we go,
You will always know
That The Army Goes Rolling Along.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:05 am
Yeah, Baldimo...I guess it is easy for some people to say: Hooray for us; f**k everyone else!

We are all humans...every one of us....including the president. We all owe at least as much to humanity as we do to any particular segment of humanity.

Grow up!

(Ahhh...what the hell. You are a conservative...and use to thinking minor league thoughts...so I guess that nonsense you are spouting actually makes sense to you.)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:56 pm
Nonsense? Please show me in the Constitution where it says the President has to think about the world when making decisions about American policy?

You can speak your rhetoric all you want to but for internationalist such as yourself it is a weakening of American sovereignty that you want. I would call that unpatriotic. Yes I used such an evil word, but it is the truth. As many of you have noted, the US isn't the worlds police and the decisions we make should center around the US first and the rest of the world last. If we should think about the rest of the world first when we act then the rest of the world should be paying the US for the aid, drugs and food we provide. No country on Earth equals the things we provide to the rest of the world. The EU can't match to contributions of the US. The US is the largest exporter of goods, period. If their not going to do this then screw them. We are Americans and America comes first to us, not the rest of the world.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:16 pm
Rolling Eyes Try calculating pr capita.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:14 pm
I could careless about per capita. We still provide more then any other nation in the EU. When you look at the size of the US and the size of any single country in the EU, the US dwarf's it. We have states that are almost the size of the EU. How much does the EU give as a whole? I'll bet it still doesn't equal the amount the US gives.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:31 pm
Baldimo wrote:
I will go AWOL before I let some foreign general call the shots for my service. I didn't pledge to protect the UN I pledged to protect the US. If I were to die under the UN flag I would see that as the largest shame in my life.

AMEN
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:32 pm
I'm thinking you're wrong. I'll see if I can dig up some numbers tomorrow.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:40 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Yeah, Baldimo...I guess it is easy for some people to say: Hooray for us; f**k everyone else!

We are all humans...every one of us....including the president. We all owe at least as much to humanity as we do to any particular segment of humanity.

Grow up!

(Ahhh...what the hell. You are a conservative...and use to thinking minor league thoughts...so I guess that nonsense you are spouting actually makes sense to you.)

Why do we all owe at least as much to humanity as we do to any particular segment of humanity?

By this you are saying that we can give no more to any particular segment of humanity (our fellow countrymen, the members of our community, or even the members of our family) than we give to humanity.

Is that what you really mean?
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:55 pm
I would not wear a UN Uniform either...

As did SPC NEW

You can actually thank clinton for this:

And AN Army SPC for this.....

http://www.mikenew.com/start.html
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 07:56 am
This is all I've found this far Baldimo. Not the exact numbers you wanted, but they are at least numbers concerning donated aid.

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:VSr9Nol1PWsJ:http://webserver.rcp.net.pe/convenios/cti/documentos/World1999.PDF+%22aid%20per%20capita%22
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:01 am
Scroll to page 3
0 Replies