0
   

Dem's Hassle Cheney, give Clinton free ride...

 
 
Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:38 am
Quote:
PITTSBURGH, United States (AFP) - Senator John Kerry (news - web sites)'s presidential campaign slammed Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites), a heart patient, over reports he had a flu shot, despite a shortage of the vaccine.

The campaign complained that Treasury Secretary John Snow and Senate Majority leader Bill Frist also had jabs, despite Bush's advice that the young and healthy did not need to get an injection.

"Once again, the Bush administration proves that it is the 'do as we say, not as we do' White House," the campaign said in a statement issued in Pittsburgh where Kerry was campaigning.

"The very week that (health) secretary (Tommy) Thompson is telling Americans to keep calm, Dick Cheney, John Snow and Bill Frist are getting flu shots."

"It is unfortunate that the Bush administration failed to do the work necessary to ensure that all Americans, including those most at risk, had been able to get shots as well."

Cheney would fit into the government's definition of those most vulnerable to a looming influenza epidemic as he has a long history of heart disease.

Bush last week suggested in the final presidential debate that the young and healthy forgo the annual shot amid a shortage of vaccine that Kerry has blamed on the president's management of the health system.



link

Quote:
(AP) Former President Clinton is proving to be a surprisingly "patient patient" as he recovers from quadruple heart bypass surgery, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday. But his doctors haven't yet cleared him to hit the campaign trail for fellow Democrat John Kerry.

"That is still being worked on as we speak," the former first lady said during a news conference about flu vaccine. She said the former president has received a flu shot.

Earlier Monday, in an interview with an Albany radio station, the senator said her husband has surprised her with his resolve and patience.

"He's really doing well," she told Albany radio station WROW-AM. "He has been a much more patient patient than I would have ever guessed. He has taken seriously all of the advice the doctors have given him."

"Every day he feels a little better," she said from the couple's home in Chappaqua, a New York City suburb.

Clinton, 58, underwent surgery Sept. 6 after complaining of chest pain and shortness of breath.

The surgery stalled the former president's plans to campaign for Kerry. His wife has said it will be up to Clinton's doctors to decide if he can hit the campaign trail before the Nov. 2 election. The former president has been phoning Kerry and his aides with advice and is expected to make radio ads and get-out-the-vote telephone messages for the campaign.


link

Thanks Drudge!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,609 • Replies: 36
No top replies

 
astromouse
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:15 pm
ooohh!! those mean nasty democwats!!!!

makes me fume!!

Maybe we can send them to Iran?



Mommy !! mommy!! democwats are bein' mean to Mr. Burns!!!!!!
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:49 pm
I know why Bill has been such a good patient. With all those young nurses walking around he doesn't want to ruin a good thing. I bet Bill is in heaven with the candy stripers as well.
0 Replies
 
stoplearning
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 09:15 pm
Its every liberals wet dream to see Dick Cheney croak. Theyre just pissed that he eliminated the possibility of death by influenza.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:06 am
Wow...you are really reaching here, McG.

Are things really that bad?
0 Replies
 
woiyo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:23 am
The fact that the man is in the high risk catagory seems to have escaped the Democratic operatives.

Maybe they forgot about that as forgetfulness seems to be a pattern with Democratic operatives, like Mrs. Kerry.

It is not a reach...just symboic of the party
0 Replies
 
blatham
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:35 am
stoplearning wrote:
Its every liberals wet dream to see Dick Cheney croak. Theyre just pissed that he eliminated the possibility of death by influenza.

He doesn't have to die. He could just become a worthwhile human.
0 Replies
 
Larry434
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:38 am
Dems are hypocritical?

Now there is a news flash! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 08:28 am
blatham wrote:
stoplearning wrote:
Its every liberals wet dream to see Dick Cheney croak. Theyre just pissed that he eliminated the possibility of death by influenza.

He doesn't have to die. He could just become a worthwhile human.


That would be a death, of sorts.

I actually think they should give old Dick a pass on the flu shot thing -- but not old pussy-lips Bill Frist.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 09:42 am
I know I've used this to death...but it fits so nicely:

For a conservative or Republican to charge a liberal or Democrat with hypocrisy...

...is like a wart hog charging a water buffalo with being an ugly animal.
0 Replies
 
Dookiestix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 10:30 am
Looks like the neoconservatives have hit a new low. Drunk
0 Replies
 
Einherjar
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 11:02 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Drunk


LOL ^
0 Replies
 
Dookiestix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 11:05 am
Quote:
For a conservative or Republican to charge a liberal or Democrat with hypocrisy...

...is like a wart hog charging a water buffalo with being an ugly animal.


Very well put. Speaking of hypocrisy, check this out:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4567032,00.html

These Repubs are beyond dispicable and disgusting, and will do ANYTHING to win.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 12:12 pm
There's been some serious spin effected here.

Obviously a lot of blindeness and ultra-liberalism going on.

The dems are wrong here, just like they are wrong on most things. Just another example of DNC in action.
0 Replies
 
Ticomaya
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 12:19 pm
Dookiestix wrote:


Very well put. Speaking of hypocrisy, check this out:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4567032,00.html

These Repubs are beyond dispicable and disgusting, and will do ANYTHING to win.


Hmmm . . . Anderson's suffering from "Stockholm Syndrome"?
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:16 pm
McGentrix wrote:
There's been some serious spin effected here.

Obviously a lot of blindeness and ultra-liberalism going on.

The dems are wrong here, just like they are wrong on most things. Just another example of DNC in action.


Oh, McG...you are working off my stuff again!!!

McG...American conservatives have been wrong on every major issue this country has ever faced...and they are dead wrong once again.

The sooner their bullshyt is sent packing...the better off our country will be and the better off this world will be.

I only hope the light finally comes on for you.
0 Replies
 
cannistershot
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:22 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
There's been some serious spin effected here.

Obviously a lot of blindeness and ultra-liberalism going on.

The dems are wrong here, just like they are wrong on most things. Just another example of DNC in action.


Oh, McG...you are working off my stuff again!!!

McG...American conservatives have been wrong on every major issue this country has ever faced...and they are dead wrong once again.

The sooner their bullshyt is sent packing...the better off our country will be and the better off this world will be.

I only hope the light finally comes on for you.


Maybe Kerry can outlaw the republican party, and wipe the tarnish of republicans past from the American history books? I am not a fan of the demoncrats but I won't say that they have been wrong on every major issue.... what about slavery?
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:31 pm
Frank, you feel it's ok for the DNC to bad-mouth Cheney for getting a flu shot yet give Clinton a free pass on it?
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:34 pm
cannistershot wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
There's been some serious spin effected here.

Obviously a lot of blindeness and ultra-liberalism going on.

The dems are wrong here, just like they are wrong on most things. Just another example of DNC in action.


Oh, McG...you are working off my stuff again!!!

McG...American conservatives have been wrong on every major issue this country has ever faced...and they are dead wrong once again.

The sooner their bullshyt is sent packing...the better off our country will be and the better off this world will be.

I only hope the light finally comes on for you.


Maybe Kerry can outlaw the republican party, and wipe the tarnish of republicans past from the American history books? I am not a fan of the demoncrats but I won't say that they have been wrong on every major issue.... what about slavery?



Hello...Earth calling cannister.

I was not discussing Democrats or Republicans....I was talking about American conservatives....

...you know...the people who have been wrong on every major issue this country has ever faced.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:35 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Frank, you feel it's ok for the DNC to bad-mouth Cheney for getting a flu shot yet give Clinton a free pass on it?


They hassle Cheney, you hassle Clinton. You're all even now.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
TEA PARTY TO AMERICA: NOW WHAT?! - Discussion by farmerman
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Dem's Hassle Cheney, give Clinton free ride...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/14/2024 at 09:01:20