"Spiegel Online" International opened

Thok

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:08 am
Finally there it is in a offical version:

Quote:

WELCOME

SPIEGEL INTERNATIONAL

WHAT IS IT?

Der Spiegel is Europe's leading newsmagazine and Spiegel Online is the most-visited news site in Germany. Our network of correspondents spans the globe, providing a European take on the events unfolding around us. The launch of Spiegel International brings this unique perspective to the English-speaking world. You can read our daily features here on the site or you can order them to go by subscribing to our daily e-mail newsletter. It costs nothing and goes great with coffee.

SPIEGEL INTERNATIONAL
WHAT'S IN IT?

Spiegel International is updated daily and includes the Buzz Blog, features from Der Spiegel, exclusive reports from Spiegel Online, a German press review and links to the Web sites that are currently on our minds.[

-------------

WELCOME

Allow us to Introduce Ourselves

With the launch of SPIEGEL INTERNATIONAL, SPIEGEL ONLINE brings you the best of Europe's leading newsmagazine and its award-winning Web site. We encourage you to read, comment and share your thoughts.

For decades, English speakers haven't had access to Europe's leading newsmagazine. DER SPIEGEL and the award-winning Web site SPIEGEL ONLINE, with their second-to-none news coverage, rich story mix and clear, sharp European view, were obscured by an unbreachable language barrier.

Until now.
http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,401125,00.jpg

With the launch of our international site, SPIEGEL finally brings its unique voice to English readers. We offer a selection of original daily features, news, exclusive SPIEGEL stories and an overview of what German newspapers and commentators are writing.

You can read us quickly and we're updated throughout the day. Get a new perspective on important stories in Under the Scope, find out what Europe is talking about in the Buzz Blog, peruse a story from DER SPIEGEL magazine in the SPIEGEL View and monitor what German papers are saying in Fishwrap and discover the world beyond SPIEGEL in Must Reads.

But the best way to read SPIEGEL INTERNATIONAL is through our e-mail newsletter, delivered to your in-box every weekday at 9 a.m. EST (New York) and 3 p.m. CET (Berlin).

We hope you will have as much fun reading the site as we have putting it together. Our goal is to make it a flexible space that will be both event and reader-driven. We encourage you to read, comment, and share your thoughts. We'll start the conversation, but need your help to keep it going. Happy reading.

- The Editors

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 890 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 04:34 pm
thok : thanks for the link. i usually make a quick check of the 'spiegel' site 2-3 times per week. it'll be interesting to see if the international site is a translated copy of the german site - have to check ... hbg ... problem is, i have so many sites to check, i sometimes don't get much 'real' work done. maybe i'll change my name to 'newshound' ...
0 Replies