Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,092 • Replies: 6
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:14 pm
http://www.bartcop.com/wwn-stein.gif
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:39 pm
How did they get past his head during the exam?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:42 pm
PDiddie, have you seen this? It came in my email:

Things are getting worse for Tom DeLay. News broke this morning that he has been subpoenaed to testify about his office sending Homeland Security agents after his political opponents.

He has to be in court on Monday.

The news comes the morning after your contributions put the first-ever TV ad by Democracy for America on the air in his district.

The ad went up at 6:00 p.m. last night and is still running. Next week Al Franken will be headlining an event in New York to beef up the rotation and keep the ad up through Election Day. It will stay on the air as long as you keep it going.

This race is close--and getting closer. An Associated Press story from before the subpoena picked up on the discontent with DeLay in his hometown. From that article:

"I think he ought to quit," said Amin Abdulla, 45, who owns an ice cream shop and who has voted for DeLay in the past. "I was in denial for the last year. But the reality is I'm disappointed to see how much he's abused power. He takes it for granted.

"I would recall him in a heartbeat," Abdulla said.

A lot can happen in the next week and a half. Don't just follow the story of Tom DeLay's collapse--be a part of it:

retiretomdelay
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:30 pm
Yes. That's the DFA ad. Howard Dean and Al Franken are having a fundraiser next week in New York specifically to raise money to run these ads.

Richard Morrison's ad is running during the Astros game tonight; the latest poll is 42-37 and the bad news (in the form of a subpoena to testify in Austin about his role in using the FAA to track down the runaway Democrats) continues to pile up for El Cucaracho Grande.

Last Saturday morning I went down to Morrison's office in Clear Lake to do some GOTV training and phone-banking. Sixty people showed up to precinct block-walk; several who don't even live in his district (like me). Someone brought in the day's Galveston newspaper, which on the front page reported that Bugman would be skipping the candidates' debate.

I took out my cellphone and called DeLay's campaign office in Sugar Land. No answer. I called his Clear Lake office and the woman who answered had no idea there was a debate, much less that the self-proclaimed Federal Government was chickening out of it.

He's going down.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:32 pm
I hope it do transpire.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:12 am
Very funny story, Edgar.

I intend to steal it and send it to some "friends" immediately.
0 Replies