PKB

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:20 pm
princess, I'm in it for the Christian Democrats! Just none of that holier than thou business. :wink:
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 03:38 pm
What do you want to bet that the European Christian Democrats don't require their memers to be Christian?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:04 am
McGentrix wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
And keep in mind that one does not have to be a Democrat or left-leaning to see the moron for the incompetent, pathetic excuse for a leader that he is.

So, would you say that you are right leaning then Frank? Confused

I'm saying I am my own man...and don't dance to the tune being played by the left or right.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:07 am
I guess Stoplearning and Larry will attempt to use that "liberal" and "Left leaning" nonsense as often as possible...now that other epithets are pretty much frowned on.

American conservatism has been on the wrong side of every major issue this country has ever faced...and they are on the wrong side now.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:11 am
McG Wrote:
Quote:
We will have a new president and we will watch him break every campaign promise he made. I will comment on them as time progresses. I will not show the vehemence towards the new president that currently are being demonstrated here towards the current president.

It's as if I went back in time four years. You couldn't have summed up the current admin better.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:21 am
"I guess Stoplearning and Larry will attempt to use that "liberal" and "Left leaning" nonsense as often as possible..."

yup, there is the politics of the Left and the politics of the Right, who sometimes, but rarely, meet in the middle. Bush has brought the Left and Right together just enough to get his legislative initiatives passed by the Congress...the mark of a good leader. :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:50 am
Larry434 wrote:
"I guess Stoplearning and Larry will attempt to use that "liberal" and "Left leaning" nonsense as often as possible..."

yup, there is the politics of the Left and the politics of the Right, who sometimes, but rarely, meet in the middle. Bush has brought the Left and Right together just enough to get his legislative initiatives passed by the Congress...the mark of a good leader. :wink:

Egad...is your denial that deep???
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:26 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

Denial of what, that Bush got enough Dems to support his legislative initiatives and pass them?

He is much like Clinton in that regard after Cliinton moved towards the center to get GOP support of his initiatives after the Hillary health care debacle.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:52 pm
Larry434 wrote:
The "other guy", Kerry, is not my choice. But if elected he will be my President and I will support him on policies I think in our national and my personal interests, and criticize him on those I think are not.

But I will not denigrate him personally as the Left has Bush.

But you will continue to make these backhanded, self-righteous insults to anyone who you consider part of this undefined "left" you speak of, right? I hope so. I love the irony.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:00 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

Denial of what, that Bush got enough Dems to support his legislative initiatives and pass them?

He is much like Clinton in that regard....

The moron will never even come close to having the legistlative abilities of Bill Clinton...not if he lives to be 800 years old.

Quote:
...after Cliinton moved towards the center to get GOP support of his initiatives after the Hillary health care debacle.[/color]

You are quite right...Clinton was one of the best moderate, if not conservative, presidents ever.

George Bush, on the other hand, is so far out in right field...he might as well be trying to govern from Mars.

Oh, by the way...did I mention that Bush is a moron?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:06 pm
I seem to recall you mentioning that once or twice Frank. But I could be mistaken. Smile
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:07 pm
Clinton was, correctly I think, referred to by M. Moore as "the best Republican President we ever had". He was a natural politician and effective ingoverning, despite his moral failings which got him a contempt citation for lying to the courts and impeached.

I agree, Bush is no Clinton, and few every will be....particularly Kerry.
0 Replies