what is a good personality?

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 09:36 pm
alot of people tell me "if you have a good personality you become pretty if your ugly".well maybe thats true but i want to know what a good personality is!does anyone know??like what makes your personality good..what qualitys?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 936 • Replies: 7
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 07:10 am
You know how to ask a question and, in my opinion, thats a good start because I think that curiosity is an essential ingredient to an interesting person.

Asking questions shows that one is interested in the world and in what other people think.

A sense of humor is another hallmark of a good personality and I think humor stems from curiosity as well. All funny things have a grain of truth behind them - a truth based on knowledge or observation.

Being able to carry on a conversation is important, keeping up with current events, being able to offer an informed opinion, being able to listen to and consider dissenting views, understanding that there are few right and wrong answers.

Developing your own sense of self and style instead of worrying about fitting in.

Realizing that you're not the center of the universe.

Knowing that "pretty" and "ugly" have absolutely nothing to do with physical appearance.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 07:16 am
Having a quality of grace, or being gracious is a very important ingredient in a good personality.

Many times this quality is coupled with unselfishness and a quality of mercy. It allows you to accept other people's foibles without being judgemental and will endear you to your friends and enemies.
0 Replies

Absinthe666

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 01:37 pm
All of the points mentioned above are a good personality - but another thing is, to be happy. I don't mean all forced happy, but if you feel good about yourself, people are drawn to you.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:26 pm
i think that a good personality is completely subjective

different people might look for completely different personality traits in their ideal spouse

in any case, having a good personality does not make a person beautiful...although it can help to make them more attractive, it won't make them not ugly...

but about what absinthe said...what he says kind of makes sense...except that i think it only counts for extroverted happiness. if you are introverted, dont talk a lot, it doesnt matter if you feel good about yourself people wont be drawn to you.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:31 pm
I think it's different for everyone. Everyone has different tastes, and sometimes no matter how you act you won't be attractive to certain people, or no matter how they act they won't be attractive to you.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:54 pm
I think we should stop trying to catagorize everything, and just let things be the way they are!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:27 pm
Still, I will agree with boomerang that ugly and pretty or beautiful are often attached to physical appearance as adjectives, but those conjunctions of features and style that make that up are at best very scantly indicative of human beauty and ugliness, or mixes of those.
0 Replies